Welcome to the city of gondolas, canals, and carnival masks, where partying takes a front seat to romance and history – at least in this article.
Venice, renowned for its timeless beauty, is not just about quiet gondola rides and whispered sweet nothing’s.
This city, floating like a mirage on the Adriatic, has a wild side too! We’re here to unveil the secret gems of Venice’s nightlife, the best party hostels in Venice that defy the city’s serene stereotype.
This guide is an extension of our handwritten guide to the best hostels in the city.
🥳 The COOLEST Party Hostels? Your shortcut:
Money-saving tip: Compare hostel prices with Hostelz.com. You can even filter specifically for Party hostels on Hostelz.com.
This guide is perfect for YOU, when you want …
- to party!
- a social Hostel to actually meet people!
- a cool hostel with drinking games and such!
Intro text with related, internal links
Quick Introduction to Venice
Average price for a bed: On average, the price of a hostel in Venice is around €54 per night. Prices always depend on the season and holidays. Please always check the exact rates on Hostelz.com.
Check-In and Check Out: The average check-in time is from 15:00 (3 pm), while the Check-Out time is before 11:00 (11 am). Hostels usually offer luggage storage in case you arrive earlier or leave later. Make sure you check if luggage storage is free or if there is an extra cost.
Where to Party in Venice:
- Campo Santa Margherita: This bustling square in Dorsoduro transforms into a lively nightlife hub at night. Find local students and backpackers mingling in its bars.
- Fondamenta della Misericordia: A picturesque waterfront area, Fondamenta della Misericordia features bars like Al Timon and Paradiso Perduto where you can enjoy an Aperol Spritz.
- Cannaregio: This neighborhood offers a more laid-back, local vibe. Explore the many bacari (wine bars) and grab cicchetti (Venetian tapas).
Best Bar Areas in Venice:
- San Marco: While known for its touristy daytime scene, St. Mark’s Square comes alive at night. Check out the Caffè Florian or Grancaffè Quadri for a taste of classic Venetian elegance.
- Rialto: Near the famous Rialto Bridge, you’ll find cozy wine bars. Sip some local vino and watch gondolas glide by on the Grand Canal.
- Lido di Venezia: If you’re looking for beachfront bars, head to the Lido, especially during the Venice Film Festival.
What to Drink in Venice:
- Aperol Spritz: The quintessential Venetian cocktail, this mix of Aperol, Prosecco, and soda is refreshing and colorful.
- Venetian Wine: Sip on local wines, like Prosecco and Amarone, as you soak in the serene atmosphere.
- Spritz Veneziano: Similar to the Aperol Spritz but with a Venetian twist. Try the versions with Select or Cynar for a different taste.
🔥 New to Hostels? Read our guide to staying in a Hostel for the First Time here. We especially recommend reading:
- How to book hostels? (and websites to save $)
- 63 Craziest Party Hostels in the World (with Map)
- How does the Hostelworld App work exactly? Our Advanced Guide
The Coolest Party Hostels in Venice are …
Let’s jump right into the fun hostels in Venice for partying:
These are our favorite hostels in Venice to party. We put all these hostels on the map, including our own insider tips for bars, clubs, and popular night life areas in Venice (and more!).
Overview: Best Hostels by Traveler Type
|🦸 Solo Traveler:||Anda Venice Hostel|
|👯 For Groups:||Camping Rialto|
|🙎♀️ Female Solo Traveler:||Anda Venice Hostel|
|👫 For Socializing:||Generator Venice|
|🎒 for Backpacker:||Generator Venice|
1. Generator Venice
Generator Venice, the ultimate party hostel on Giudecca Island, has everything from cool dorms to private rooms to suit all travelers.
Just a quick water bus ride away from San Marco, this energetic spot boasts 24-hour reception, free WiFi, a café-bar, and unmissable Grand Canal views.
Social butterflies, get ready for unforgettable events and cozy chats over coffee or drinks (probably drinks) in this fun and affordable Venice hostel.
Oh, and don’t forget the masked Carnevale parties and epic DJ nights – because who needs sleep in the city that never sinks – (until global warming gets to us all, anyway)?
Our favorite hostel in Venice for
- social butterflies
2. Anda Venice Hostel
Anda Venice Hostel, the coolest party hostel in Venice, boasts awards like “Most Popular in Venice 2020” and “2nd best extra-large Hostel worldwide.”
Offering dorms, private rooms, and social spaces for endless global connections, there’s always a free event happening around, so you’re sure to meet people to connect or drink with.
Just steps away from Venezia Mestre train station, this fun-filled fiesta pad is simply irresistible for solo travelers and social butterflies.
Did we mention free Wi-Fi and A/C? Oh, and your first drink’s on them.
This hostel is great for:
- solo travelers
3. Camping Rialto
Camping Rialto, is just a quick bus ride from the city’s heart.
Here, you can enjoy the social vibe, fresh pizza (it’s me, Mario), and cheap drinks at their on-site bar.
Seriously, this lush oasis has it all – free parking, a new outdoor pool (perfect for nursing that Venetian hangover, just make sure you don’t sink), and convenient access to trains and planes.
A top choice for:
Fun Tips for Party Hostels in Venice
As you have come to realize, staying at a party hostel is a little different than staying at a regular hostel. Here are some tips to make your stay go a little smoother, and how to be prepared:
How to identify a party Hostel? 4 Simple indicators:
- Is there an age limit? 18+ and an upper age-limit are indicators
- Do they offer Pub Crawls and Drinking Games in the hostel?
- Check for party pictures
- Filter the Reviews on Hostelz.com for keywords like "Party", "nightlife" or "social"
We have written many more guides helping you find these hostels to have an amazing time. We cover many more party cities like ...
- 7 Coolest Party Hostels in Melbourne ...
- 3 Coolest Party Hostels In Venice - B...
- 6 Coolest Party Hostels in Ho Chi Min...
- 6 Coolest Party Hostels in Lima - Cus...
Find all our party hostel guides.
Things to Bring & Pack
There are a few things backpackers should be sure to bring when staying at a party hostel specifically. These items include earplugs (for early mornings and loud roomates), a padlock (lock up your valuables BEFORE going out), headache medicine (always usefful!), and condoms.
Especially for the bigger European cities where pickpocketing is common we recommend wearing trousers with zippers. This limits the chances of stealing from your pockets.
One of the best things about a hostel is being able to meet new people from every corner of the world. Be sure to talk to people and mingle. Travelling solo is great and life-changing, yet enjoying it with new friends can be even better. Locals especially, can show you hidden secret and some of the best spots in the city.
Read: 18 Rules for Hostels and how to build life-time friendships in Hostels
What about the cheapest hostels in Venice?
Of course, there are always cheap hostels. But how do you actually find them? When you are traveling on a shoe-string budget and you want to save every dollar, there are ways to find the cheapest places in Venice.
- Open Hostelz.com with a full list of all hostels in Venice
- add your dates
- Order the listings by price
Simple as that.
Hostelz.com is a price comparison site for hostels. They list every single one in the world and tells you exactly which website is cheaper to use.
Another smart Tip: Check what is actually included, and what is excluded. Take a closer look at the location, too. A further location might mean more costs in transport.
You can find all our hostel discounts worldwide here. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the freshest hostel discounts directly in your inbox. We even have special discount codes we only share in the newsletter.
It is completely free to join!
How to book?
The most popular booking platforms are Booking.com and Hostelworld.com. On both platforms, your credit card is 100% protected and the booking 100% confirmed.
We included some handy links to each of the recommended hostel. Just click on the hostel name. The link will lead you to check prices and availability.
Read: Step-by-Step guide on how to book with Hostelworld
We recommend booking your hostel as early as possible! All of Venice best hostels are popular; especially in high-season. To make sure you end up in those stylish and good hostels, secure your room/bed as soon as you have your travel dates fix.
The coolest Hostel App you need comes as well from Hostelworld. It gives you super cool features like you can contact your hostel mates beforehand, ask questions, and make plans together. Find more details in our review of the app.
Need an eSIM Card for Venice?
No more searching for mobile stores. Get your eSIM Card for now and enjoy it instantly after landing in your new destination.
Our Favorite Hostels in Venice put on a map + sights
Let us have a look at the handmade map we have created for you. As promised, below we list all party hostels and best hostels in Venice, as well as sights and our own travel tips.
Personally, we love to plan our trips with a map. It’s just easier. We thought this map would help you with planning your trip too.
Any questions about hostels in Venice?🤔
Join our Facebook Group!
Ask all your questions and connect with like-minded wanderers 🔥
Our Insider Tips
As mentioned in the beginning, this guide is an extension of our article “Best hostels in Venice”.
Yet, we have written down more of our best tips for Venice. Check out the following:
Nightlife Events and Activities:
- Teatro La Fenice: Catch an opera or ballet performance at this historic theater, offering a night of cultural indulgence.
- Venetian Masquerade Ball: Experience the magic of Venice by attending a masquerade ball. These events transport you back in time with period costumes and masks.
- Venice Jazz Club: For music enthusiasts, this intimate venue offers jazz performances in a cozy setting.
Happy Hour Heaven
- Bar All’Arco: A favorite among locals and travelers, it’s renowned for its delicious cicchetti and wine.
- Dal Moro’s – Fresh Pasta to Go: While it’s not a traditional happy hour, this pasta joint offers freshly cooked pasta to take away, ideal for a budget-friendly dinner.
- Harry’s Bar: This iconic establishment created the Bellini cocktail. While it’s not a traditional happy hour, it’s worth the visit for a classic Venetian cocktail.
More questions left? No worries, we are here for you.
What are the best sites for finding hostels?
Of course, the best site to find hostels is Hostelgeeks.com 😉
We are doing our best to deliver the best hostels to you. Check out the best hostels in the world guides; from Paris to Tokyo.
You can also have a look at Hostelworld.
What are the best party hostels in Venice?
Alright, this is your answer to where to stay in Venice for nightlife and party.
Here are some of our other guides:
- best hostels in Italy
- best hostels in Rome
- best hostels in Tuscany
- best hostels in Milan
- best hostels in Florence
- best hostels in Venice
- best hostels in Bologna
- best hostels in Turin
- best hostels in Naples
- best hostels in Palermo
- best hostels in Pisa
- best hostels in Genoa
- best hostels in Catania
- best hostels in Verona
- best Hostels in Sorrento
- best hostels in Amalfi Coast
- best hostels in Cinque Terre
- best hostels in Sicily
Party Hostels in Italy:
Over to you
Do you have any questions left, maybe doubts? Then please leave it in the comment below. We are very keen to help you - and actually you would even do us a favor!
Your question will help us to improve this Venice guide.
Last note: Our commitment
This is a genuine article to help you travel a bit smarter, and find the best place on a budget! We will never recommend you any place we haven’t evaluated or are not convinced by. We are constantly updating all our guides to keep them as fresh and accurate as possible.
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Airalo.com - eSim Cards for traveling worldwide
- Onward Ticket - get proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.