No doubt, we get it! Whenever you are not able to travel for whatever reason, a travel quote may help you sometimes to get you moving.
There are moments we all need some travel inspiration or extra strength during our travels (especially after doing some common travel mistakes).
We had a look at the endless number of travel quotes out there. There are even plenty of awesome travel-themed decoration as well.
The result is this summary of 109 travel-related inspiration quotes.
Some of the phrases will help you to keep focus, or just give you some positive extra energy. Whether you are right now hitting the road or wishing you would, here is our piece of inspirational travel quotes.
Update: find 23 travel quotes for friends now
Travel and let the world change you.
Besides these quotes, you can find more useful and entertaining information such as
- 26 funny travel quotes to cheer up your day
- the ultimate hostel packing list, including 23 items you cannot miss
- and as well a big list of fun things to do in Amsterdam
We hope you do enjoy, love, remember and share these inspirational travel quotes.
We also included some travel quotes you will find around the 5 Star Hostels!
Interested in the free download?
It’s in the summary of the post below. Just keep scrolling for the free .pdf to download.
But enough small talk, let’s kick it….
From cheesy to inspiring Travel Quotes
1. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
2. “Everything you do is based on the choices you make” – Wayne Dyer
3. “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes and an uncluttered mind.” – Rick Steve
4. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
5. “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn” – Dr. Maxwell
6. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
7. “Don’t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try.”
Don’t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try. . We collected 109 travel-related inspiration quotes. Some of the phrases will help you to keep focus, some other will give you some positive extra energy. . Whether you are right now hitting the road or wishing you would, here is our piece of inspirational travel quotes. https://goo.gl/9Jen1T . . . . . . . . . #bpmag @wilderness_culture #wildernessculture #tlpicks #awesomeearth #aroundtheworldpix #viaparadise @paradise #beautifuldestinations #wanderout #watchthisinstagood #wonderful_places #tourtheplanet #earthofficial @earthofficial @fantastic.colours #travelawesome #alphacollective #discoverglobe @earthpix #fantastic_earth #places_wow #wonderful_places @livingonearth #earthfocus @wonderful_places #awesome_globepix #bestvacations @awesome.photographers #awesome_photographers #awesome_earthpix #ourplanetdaily #travelfervor @discoverearth @nakedplanet #nakedplanet #earthpix #passionpassport #usinterior #nofilters
8. “Wake up and be awesome!” – Code Hostel Edinburgh, the 5 Star Hostel in Edinburgh.
Read: complete guide to best hostels in Edinburgh, Scotland
9. “Travel far enough you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
10. “Life is better when you smile!”
11. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
12. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” –Mark Twain
13. “I want/ I love/ I do/ I can is the best way to build your phrases, your days, and all your life!”
14. “The urgent things are not the most important ones.”
15. “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” – Paul Brandt
16. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling”. – Margaret Lee Runbeck
17. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –Wayne Gretzky
18. “And I said to myself: “What a wonderful world”. ”
19. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
20. “Do all things with love!”
21. “When you give yourself to places, they give you yourself back.”
22. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” –Charles Swindoll
23. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are build for.” – John A. Shedd
24. “A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi
25. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.”
26. “Create a life you don’t need a vacation from.”
27. “The journey is my home.”
28. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” — Oscar Wilde
29. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” –Jim Rohn
30. “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
31. “A wise traveler never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni
32. “I can’t change yesterday, but I can change today!”
33. “Don’t count every day, make every day count.”
34. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
35. “Today is your day! Your mountain is awaiting! So… get on your way. ” – Dr. Seuss
Marken Guesthouse, 5 Star Hostel in Bergen, inspires all fellow traveler to go out there and enjoy the gorgeous natural surroundings of Bergen.
36. “Never stop exploring.”
37. “Better to see something once than to hear about it hundred times.”
38. “Not all those who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien
39. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
40. “There are a lot of adventures out there waiting for you to live them.” – Matt
41. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” – George M. Moore Jr.
42. “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
43. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” – Confucius
44. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
45. “Enjoy the little things”
46. “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag” – Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
47. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
48. “Choose to make a difference. – its the way we work, the way we live, and the way we are!” We at Hostelgeeks are big fans of this travel quote.
This is a quote at TheBackpack hostel in Cape Town, South Africa.
Read: complete guide to best hostels in Cape Town
49. People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.
50. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
– Johan Wolfgang von Goethe
51. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.”
– Suzanne Collins
52. Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends
53. “Life is like a camera: you focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negative and if things do not work out, take another shot”
54. “Little by little, one travels far.”
– J.R.R. Tolkein
55. “Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.”
56. “You know all those things you always wanted to do? You should go do them. ”
57. “If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you got.”
58. “Die with memories, not with dreams.”
59. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.”
– Mandy Hale
60. “Home is where your story begins.”
This travel quote is part of the black-and-white graffiti wall at the entrance of WALLYARD CONCEPT HOSTEL, the 5 Star Hostel in Berlin.
During our visit at Wallyard Concept Hostel, we walked by here many times.
Read: 3 best hostels in Berlin – compared and put on a map
61. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
62. “Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunders.”
63. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
64. Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.
65. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.”
66. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
67. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.”
68. “Don’t try to be perfect, just try to be better than yesterday.”
69. “Add life to your days, not days to your life.”
70. “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.”
71. “We all start as strangers.” – great instagram caption for hostels and hotels!
72. “If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.”
73. “Life is short and the world is wide.”
74. “I don’t know the question, but travel is definitely the answer.”
75. “Go where your dreams take you.”
76. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.”
– Harun Yahya
77. “Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.”
78. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent in the office or moving your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”
– Jack Kerouac
79. “Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan.”
80. “It feels good to be in the right direction.”
– This travel quote is part of a double room at Yim Huai Khwang Hostel, one of the best hostels in Bangkok, Thailand.
Throughout this Boutique Hostel in Bangkok you can find many other travel-related quotes. A great place to stay, loaded with positive energy.
“It feels good to be in the right direction!” Doesn’t it? This is a private room at @yimhuaikhwang #hostel in #Bangkok! 5 star hostel all around! – – – – – #thailand #boutiquehostel #designhostel #hostels #quotes #travel #feelgood #saasia #thailandtravel #bangkokhostel A photo posted by Hostelgeeks (@hostelgeeks) on
81. “I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.”
82. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together .”
– African proverb (and travel quote we love)
83. Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.
84. “Once a year go someplace you’ve never been before.”
– Dalai Lama
85. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.”
86. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
– Neale Donald Walsch
87. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.”
– Izaak Walton
88. “It is not down in any map, true places never are”
– Herman Melville
89. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
90. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ”
– travel quote by Aldous Huxley
91. “In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.”
92. “Travel leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
– Ibu Battuta
93. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.”
– Seth Godin
94. “If not now, when?”
95. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket.”
96. “If I loose myself, I loose it all.”
97. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world”
98. “Travel can be the most rewarding forms of introspection.”
– Lawrence Durrel
99. “You are limited only by your imagination”
100. “There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them”
101. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions”
102. “Find joy in the ordinary”
103. “It’s called present. Open & use it!”
105. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”
– Samuel Johnson
106. “We can’t choose where we come from, but we can chose where we go from there.”
107. “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning. ”
– Kevin Kelly
108. “Of all the books in all the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport”
109. Is life not a process?
110. Work Travel Save Repeat
111. Hostels are the home away from home.
112. The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
113. Not all those who wander are lost
114. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
– Anthony Bourdain
115. It is not down in any map; true places never are.
116. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
117. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but it will never leave your soul.”
118. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.
119. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
120. Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living
121. A true traveler’s journey is never complete
122. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
123. If there is no way, create one.
124. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
More inspiring travel quotes and travel tips
Oh wait, there is more, much more!
We wrote a big article about the coolest Instagram Captions for Couples, Friends, Travelers.
Here you can download the full list. This is completely free!
Just click on the image or download the best travel quotes here, and you can save the PDF on your computer or phone.
pin it for later: