Travel quotes are a great way to get inspired. There is a simple reason for that: they keep the travel-mojo going! Some travel quotes are very inspirational, other are cheesy and so overused.
No doubt, we get it! Whenever you are not able to travel for whatever reason, a travel quote may help you sometimes to get you moving.
There are moments we all need some travel inspiration or extra strength during our travels (especially after doing some common travel mistakes).
We had a look at the endless number of travel quotes out there. There are even plenty of awesome travel-themed decoration as well.
The result is this summary of 109 travel-related inspiration quotes.
Some of the phrases will help you to keep focus, or just give you some positive extra energy. Whether you are right now hitting the road or wishing you would, here is our piece of inspirational travel quotes.
49. People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.
50. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
– Johan Wolfgang von Goethe
51. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.”
– Suzanne Collins
52. Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends
53. “Life is like a camera: you focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negative and if things do not work out, take another shot”
54. “Little by little, one travels far.”
– J.R.R. Tolkein
55. “Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.”
56. “You know all those things you always wanted to do? You should go do them. ”
57. “If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you got.”
Throughout this Boutique Hostel in Bangkok you can find many other travel-related quotes. A great place to stay, loaded with positive energy.
81. “I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.”
82. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together .”
– African proverb (and travel quote we love)
83. Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.
84. “Once a year go someplace you’ve never been before.”
– Dalai Lama
85. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.”
86. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
– Neale Donald Walsch
87. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.”
– Izaak Walton
88. “It is not down in any map, true places never are”
– Herman Melville
89. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
90. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ”
– travel quote by Aldous Huxley
91. “In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.”
92. “Travel leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
– Ibu Battuta
93. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.”
– Seth Godin
94. “If not now, when?”
95. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket.”
96. “If I loose myself, I loose it all.”
97. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world”
98. “Travel can be the most rewarding forms of introspection.”
– Lawrence Durrel
99. “You are limited only by your imagination”
100. “There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them”
101. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions”
102. “Find joy in the ordinary”
103. “It’s called present. Open & use it!”
105. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”
– Samuel Johnson
106. “We can’t choose where we come from, but we can chose where we go from there.”
107. “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning. ”
– Kevin Kelly
108. “Of all the books in all the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport”
109. Is life not a process?
110. Work Travel Save Repeat
111. Hostels are the home away from home.
112. The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
113. Not all those who wander are lost
114. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
– Anthony Bourdain
115. It is not down in any map; true places never are.
116. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
117. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but it will never leave your soul.”
118. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.
119. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
120. Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living
121. A true traveler’s journey is never complete
122. If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
123. If there is no way, create one.
124. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.