Traveling solo? It is a scary, exciting thing to do. It can be the most challenging adventure of your life. But once you succeed on it, there is no way back. The hardest part about solo travel is the beginning. It’s getting used to it. We collected a bunch of awesome solo travel quotes – for female solo traveler and male.
This list of journey along quotes is hopefully a big push for you in the right direction.
There is no need to be afraid, again the hardest part is the beginning of solo travel. In case you need a bit of motivation, a push, a boost, this is for you.
In this article we also cover great books about solo travel and how to overcome fear.
The question should really be, why wouldn’t you travel solo?! The only answer to that is that you should.
Ok let’s get serious here… why solo travel?
For one thing, solo travel allows you to do what you want, when you want – there’s no need to double check with a friend, or argue over where to go next. Your itinerary is completely your own! There is ultimate freedom in moving at your own pace. Not to mention the amount of people you’re bound to meet along the way, including many other solo travellers of all ages, sexes and backgrounds.
Learn about yourself, overcome challenges, grow as a person, set your own budget, learn to listen to your gut.. and on an on it goes.
Travelling solo is a wonderful way to move toward self-responsbility, using wordly experiences to redefine the way you live life. Seriously, do not let anyone tell you that it’s weird to travel alone!
Besides, solo travel has become so much easier these days thanks to awesome hostels around the world. The 5 star hostels certainly know how to accommodate solo adventurers.
Psst! Many of the Hostelgeeks team members are avid (addicted?) solo travellers. True story! Between us, we’ve solo-travelled every corner of the globe over many consecutive years.
Along the way, we’ve put together in-depth guides to the “Best Hostels in…“, explored until our feet almost dropped off to create awesome city guides and collected all of the essential travel resources you’re going to need to explore the world.
Trust us when we say: SOLO TRAVELLING IS LIFE CHANGING!
More Quotes we share
We collected even more for you. Just click on the photo to get all the quotes:
List of great Solo Travel Quotes
Let us get started and dive right into the world of traveling alone experiences:
1. “Traveling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life changing experience of your life. Try it at least once!”
2. “As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are!”
3. “Traveling solo means getting to know the real you!”
4. “A traveler should be happy, not perfect!”
5. “Traveling solo took away my irrational fears!”
6. “Being a solo traveler made me an adult!”
7. “Just because my path is different, doesn’t mean I am lost!”
8. “Traveling solo made me a stronger person!”
9. “You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!”
10. “Traveling the world on my own made me more confident. I am me now!”
11. “Some journeys can be only traveled alone!” – Ken Poirot
12. “If you never go, you will never know!”
13. “If you have to wait for someone to travel with you, you may end up waiting a life time!”
Getting to know you Quotes about Traveling Alone
14. “Waiting for the perfect moment to travel? It is here right now!”
15. “Smile for life, not only for the photo!”
16. “Travel far enough to meet yourself!”
17.”You will never be alone if you like the person you are with!”
18. “Go solo, go far!”
19. It is better to see something once, than to hear about hundred times.
– Russian Proverb
20. In the end, we only regret the chances we did not take
21. Solo Travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone. It also pushes you out of the zone of others’ expectations.
– Suzy Strutner
22. “I learned my strengths and my weaknesses. I experienced the exhilaration of the ups and the despairs of the lows and most of the feelings in between… I learned courage, and I learned it myself”
– Ann Stirk
23. Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to enjoy it.
24. Solo Travel is all about exploring the world and one’s own-self.
25. I may be going nowhere, but what a ride.
26. As you travel solo, totally responsible for yourself, it is inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are.
27. If I would have waited for someone else to join me on my travels, I would still be waiting.
Solo Travel Quotes for Confidence
Confidence plays a big role when deciding whether you want to travel on your own – or not. We cannot take this decision for you, but this is certain: you will boost your confidence to high level when going to travel the world on your own.
And certainly, you will be kicking off your travels solo, but you won’t be alone. Stay in cool hostels, meet new people. You will not be travelling alone in the end. But, it takes courage to take the first step.
28. One of the reasons I travel solo: I do not have to share all the delicious food!
29. “Grow up and Travel Solo. It will make you stronger, more independent, more action-taking. It will change the way other people see you.”
30. Some journeys can be only traveled alone.
31. “Travelling Solo will replace thousands of motivational books.”
We found the following books that will help you to find answers to your doubts and questions about solo-travel.
Give it a read:
1. The Solo Travel Handbook (Lonely Planet)
Don’t let the idea of travelling alone stop you from living out your dreams.
Packed with tips and advice for before and during your travels, The Solo Travel Handbook gives you the confidence and know-how to explore the world on your own, whether you’re planning a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or short city break.
Developed with Lonely Planet’s expert travel writers, it explains how and why individual travel is such a valuable and rewarding experience.
2. A Female Guide To Solo Travel: Discover Your Eat Pray Love
Is there any greater feeling than the freedom of travelling solo?
Being able to go where you want, when you want, and with absolutely anyone that you want. Travelling solo has an anonymity to it; you can redesign yourself and be who you want to be with no one judging you.
Once you’ve overcome your fear about being alone, you’ll soon realise that travelling solo is simply… the only way to travel.
Whether it is your first time or you have travelled solo before, A Female Guide To Solo Travel will inspire, empower and prepare you for your solo trip.
3. Kicking Ass on the Road The Ultimate Guide for the Solo Woman Traveler
Thinking of traveling solo? Keen for super fun adventures?
Ready to be more independent? Want to meet other amazing people?
Welcome to your ultimate guide for going solo and having the time of your life.
“In all my years working on books, I have never come across a better written book on travel.” – Pamela Anderson, Freelance Editor.
Hostels for Solo-Traveler
Hostels are perfect for solo-travel.
Here you meet more people, most likely like-minded people, other travelers on their journey. And, you never really have to travel alone if you don’t want to. So many solo traveler strand in a hostel and end up traveling in a herd.