Welcome to the sun-soaked shores of Bondi Beach, where the golden sands meet blue waves, and the awesome Australian spirit comes to life.
If you’re a traveler with an appetite for adventure and a desire to soak up the surf culture, you’re in for a treat. In this article, we’re your key to discovering the best hostels in Bondi Beach, where coastal charm meets budget-friendly comfort.
- Wake Up! Bondi Beach - best for female solo travelers
- Bondi Beach Backpackers - best for backpackers
- The Village Bondi Beach - best for solo travelers
Money-saving tip: Compare hostel prices with Hostelz.com. They compare prices from Hostelworld, Booking.com and others with 1 click.
Traveling around the country? We have a guide on the best hostels in Australia.
This guide is perfect for YOU, when you…
- are tired of crappy hostels!
- want a social Hostel to actually meet people
- are happy to spend $1 to $2 more for a much better experience
- 3 best hostels in detail
Quick Introduction to Bondi Beach
Average price for a bed: Hostels in Bondi Beach cost around $35 per night for a bed in a dorm. A private room has an average of around $113 per night. This is a rough average, just to give you an idea.
Check-In and Check-Out: The average check-in time is from 15:00 (3 p.m.), while the Check-Out time is before 11:00 (11 a.m.). Hostels usually offer luggage storage in case you arrive earlier or leave later. Make sure you check if luggage storage is free or if there is an extra cost.
3 Must-Try Dishes in the City:
- Fish and Chips by the Sea: Savor the freshest fish and chips you’ll ever taste while soaking in Bondi’s beachfront vibes. Find a local shop, grab a seat, and enjoy the perfect seaside meal.
- Aussie Meat Pie: Sink your teeth into an Aussie meat pie, a savory delight wrapped in golden, flaky pastry. It’s a comfort food classic, often enjoyed on the go.
- Acai Bowl: Start your day with a healthy Açai bowl topped with fresh fruits and granola. It’s a nutritious and delicious breakfast choice you’ll find in many Bondi cafés.
3 Must-Try Drinks in the City
- Flat White: Dive into Australia’s coffee culture with a flat white. It’s like a latte, but with a higher coffee-to-milk ratio—a perfect caffeine kick for your beach adventures.
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies: Keep cool with a refreshing fresh fruit smoothie, abundant with tropical flavors. It’s a great way to stay hydrated under the sun.
- Surfer’s Paradise: Try a cocktail like the “Surfer’s Paradise,” a mix of rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice. Sip it at a beachfront bar as the sun sets over the waves.
3 Budget Tips Specific to the City:
- Free Beach Activities: Bondi Beach offers free yoga sessions and outdoor fitness classes. Check the schedule for these community events to stay active without spending a dime.
- BYO Picnic: Opt for a picnic by the beach. Buy groceries from a local store, pack a blanket, and enjoy a budget-friendly meal with an ocean view.
- Op Shops: Explore Bondi’s thrift shops, known as “op shops.” You might find unique beachwear or souvenirs without the hefty price tag.
🎁 New to Hostels? Read our guide to staying in a Hostel for the First Time here. We especially recommend reading:
- How to book hostels? (and websites to save $)
- 23 clever items: the hostel packing list to download
- How does the Hostelworld App work exactly? Our Advanced Guide
The 3 Best Hostels in Bondi Beach are …
Let’s jump right into the coolest hostels in Bondi Beach.
- Wake Up! Bondi Beach – best for female solo travelers
- Bondi Beach Backpackers – best for backpackers
- The Village Bondi Beach – best for solo travelers
These are our favorite hostels in Bondi Beach. We want to make your life even easier, so we put all accommodations on a map for you. We even added our own tips for favorite restaurants, things to see, and more.
Overview: Best Hostels by Traveler Type
|🦸 Solo Traveler:||The Village Bondi Beach|
|🙎♀️ Female Solo Traveler:||Wake Up! Bondi Beach|
|👫 For Socializing:||The Village Bondi Beach|
|🎒 for Backpacker:||Bondi Beach Backpackers|
|🏄🏻♀️ Surf lovers:||Wake Up! Bondi Beach|
1. Wake Up! Bondi Beach
Wake Up! Bondi Beach offers an amazing view of Sydney’s iconic shoreline.
Our favorite thing about this hostel is its super big rooftop with lounge chairs and umbrellas.
It’s the perfect place to socialize while enjoying views of the beach, coastline and awesome sunsets.
You can pick between dorms or private rooms (twin or double rooms).
This Bondi Beach hostel also offers free surfboard hire and it’s pretty close to the beach.
And if surfing isn’t your thing, they also offer various lifestyle events like: rooftop yoga classes, personal training sessions, and walking tours along the Bondi to Bronte coastline.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Rooftop terrace with umbrellas and deck chairs
- Complimentary lifestyle activities are available: rooftop yoga classes, personal training sessions, and walking tours along the
- Bondi to Bronte coastline.
- Free surfboard hire.
Location: The hostel is located seconds from Bondi Beach, making it ideal for travelers looking to experience the beach culture of Bondi and its surroundings.
The best choice in Bondi Beach for
- Female solo travelers
2. Bondi Beach Backpackers
Bondi Beach Backpackers is the ultimate destination for beach-loving backpackers.
This place is all about being cozy and secure, offering a variety of room options to suit every traveler’s needs.
From small dorms to family rooms, they’ve got you covered.
The staff at Bondi Beach Backpackers go above and beyond to make your stay unforgettable.
They can assist you with airport transfers, and bank accounts, and even provide you with a free SIM card!
And if finding a job is on your list, they offer free employment help.
This is one of the most convenient hostels to stay in Bondi Beach.
- Free use of surfboards, snorkeling equipment, and bodyboards.
- Fully equipped guest kitchen.
- Sundeck for relaxation.
- Communal TV room with satellite channels.
- On-site tour desk for city tours and surfing lessons.
- Free Sydney guides, one-day road trip guides, and interstate road trip guides.
- Complimentary breakfast with cereal, coffee, and tea (milk not included).
Location: The hostel is ideally located just a 2-minute walk from Bondi Beach, surrounded by bars and cafés. It’s 20 minutes from both the city center and the airport. Bondi Junction for shopping is less than a 10-minute drive away.
A great choice for
3. The Village Bondi Beach
Located just a short jump away from the world-famous Bondi Beach, The Village Bondi Beach is another great hostel option for beach lovers.
Their communal areas are perfect for meeting fellow beach enthusiasts.
But what we really love about this hostel in Bondie Beach is its location: the sand is right on your doorstep (100 meters away).
And if you feel like venturing further, Sydney City and the shops at Bondi Junction are just a quick ride away.
It’s also pretty social.
- Guest laundry facilities.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- TV room and lounge room.
- Free Wi-Fi with a 500 MB daily limit (additional Wi-Fi available for purchase).
Location: Only 100 meters from Bondi Beach. Surrounded by cafés, restaurants, and bars. 20-minute drive to Sydney Harbor and the city center. The bus stop is located at the end of the street.
This is one of the best hostels in Bondi Beach for
- Solo travelers
Best Hostels in Bondi Beach for Solo Travelers?
We think that the best hostel in Bondi Beach is The Village Bondi Beach. It has good facilities and amenities and a great social environment, perfect for solo travelers who want to be able to easily socialize.
More Hostels worth a mention
At the moment, we think you are all set with the hostels we just shared with you. We always try to keep our guides super fresh and up to date.
We might add more hostels worth mentioning here in the future if we feel that it could enrich your travel and hostel experience.
What about the cheapest hostels in Bondi Beach?
Of course, there are always cheap hostels. But how do you actually find them? When you are traveling on a shoe-string budget and you want to save every dollar, there are ways to find the cheapest places in Bondi Beach.
- Open Hostelz.com with a full list of all hostels in Bondi Beach
- add your dates
- Order the listings by price
Simple as that.
Hostelz.com is a price comparison site for hostels. They list every single one in the world and tells you exactly which website is cheaper to use.
Another smart Tip: Check what is actually included, and what is excluded. Take a closer look at the location, too. A further location might mean more costs in transport.
You can find all our hostel discounts worldwide here. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the freshest hostel discounts directly in your inbox. We even have special discount codes we only share in the newsletter.
It is completely free to join!
How to book?
The most popular booking platforms are Booking.com and Hostelworld.com. On both platforms, your credit card is 100% protected and the booking 100% confirmed.
We included some handy links to each of the recommended hostel. Just click on the hostel name. The link will lead you to check prices and availability.
Read: Step-by-Step guide on how to book with Hostelworld
We recommend booking your hostel as early as possible! All of Bondi Beach best hostels are popular; especially in high-season. To make sure you end up in those stylish and good hostels, secure your room/bed as soon as you have your travel dates fix.
The coolest Hostel App you need comes as well from Hostelworld. It gives you super cool features like you can contact your hostel mates beforehand, ask questions, and make plans together. Find more details in our review of the app.
Need an eSIM Card for Bondi Beach?
No more searching for mobile stores. Get your eSIM Card for now and enjoy it instantly after landing in your new destination.
Our Favorite Hostels in Bondi Beach put on a map + sights
We’re listing all the three best Bondi Beach hostels on a map to give you an idea of the location and distances between them.
Any questions about hostels in Bondi Beach?🤔
Join our Facebook Group!
Ask all your questions and connect with like-minded wanderers 🔥
Here we share with you the most asked question:
What are the best hostels in Bondi Beach?
The best hostels in Bondi Beach are:
What is the best hostel in Bondi Beach for solo travelers?
The best hostels in Bondi Beach for solo travelers is: The Village Bondi Beach.
What are the best sites for finding hostels?
Of course, the best site to find hostels is Hostelgeeks.com 😉
We are doing our best to deliver the best hostels to you. Check out the best hostels in the world guides; from Paris to Tokyo.
You can also have a look at Hostelworld.
Are hostels in Bondi Beach safe?
Not all hostels in Bondi Beach are necessarily safe, especially the ones that offer cheap prices in sketchy areas. They might be illegal hostels or ones without the proper licenses and safety measures put in place.
In all fairness, it is best to check out Hostelgeeks.com because we feature safe hostels in Bondi Beach. You can find backpacker hostels with top ratings here! Keep a close eye on the overall ratings on booking platforms!
If you are not secure, you can also email us and ask us!
How expensive are hostels in Bondi Beach?
Hostels in Bondi Beach cost around $35 per night for a bed in a dorm. A private room has an average of around $113 per night. This is a rough average, just to give you an idea.
What hostel in Bondi Beach have nice views?
One hostel in Bondi Beach with a great view is Wake Up! Bondi Beach.
Flights to Bondi Beach?
Skyscanner has a bunch of cool features like Multi-City Trip. Instead of doing this research step-by-step, Skyscanner offers this flight planning tool.
More handmade Guides for you
So this was your answer to what are the best hostels in Bondi Beach.
Here are some more awesome guides in Australia:
- best hostels in Australia
- best hostels in Sydney
- best hostels in Brisbane
- best hostels in Cairns
- best hostels in Alice Springs
- best hostels in Byron Bay
- best Hostels in Adelaide
- best hostels in Perth
- best hostels in Airlie Beach
- best hostels in Darwin
- best hostels in Noosa
- best hostels in Surfers Paradise
- best hostels in Hobart
- backpacker hostels in Sydney
- backpacker hostels in Melbourne
- backpacker hostels in Brisbane
- backpacker hostels in Cairns
Heading over to Fiji? check out our guide to the best hostels in Fiji.
Over to you
Do you have any questions left, maybe doubts? Then please leave it in the comment below. We are very keen to help you - and actually you would even do us a favor!
Your question will help us to improve this Bondi Beach guide.
Last note: Our commitment
This is a genuine article to help you travel a bit smarter, and find the best place on a budget! We will never recommend you any place we haven’t evaluated or are not convinced by. We are constantly updating all our guides to keep them as fresh and accurate as possible.
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Airalo.com - eSim Cards for traveling worldwide
- Onward Ticket - get proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.