We’re diving into the coolest party hostels that’ll turn your Sydney experience from daytime sightseeing to nighttime dancing.
From harbor side bars that boast million-dollar views to underground venues where the real fun happens, Sydney’s party scene is as diverse as its kangaroo population (well, almost).
Here are the best party hostels in Sydney.
This guide is an extension of our handwritten guide to the best hostels in Sydney.
🥳 The COOLEST Party Hostels? Your shortcut:
Money-saving tip: Compare hostel prices with Hostelz.com. You can even filter specifically for Party hostels on Hostelz.com.
This guide is perfect for YOU, when you want …
- to party!
- a social Hostel to actually meet people!
- a cool hostel with drinking games and such!
- best Party hostels in detail
Quick Introduction to Sydney
Average price for a bed: On average, the price of a hostel in Sydney is around 30€ per night. Prices always depend on the season and holidays. Please always check the exact rates on Hostelz.com.
Check-In and Check-Out: The average check-in time is from 15:00 (3 p.m.), while the Check-Out time is before 11:00 (11 a.m.). Hostels usually offer luggage storage in case you arrive earlier or leave later. Make sure you check if luggage storage is free or if there is an extra cost.
Where to Party in Sydney:
- Kings Cross: Known as the city’s red-light district turned nightlife hub, Kings Cross offers a mix of clubs, bars, and entertainment venues to keep your party spirit alive.
- Darling Harbour: This picturesque waterfront area hosts various bars and clubs where you can dance by the water and enjoy stunning views.
- Oxford Street: A must-visit for LGBTQ+ travelers, Oxford Street is lined with vibrant clubs and bars that come alive after dark.
- The Rocks: Immerse yourself in Sydney’s history while partying at the pubs and bars in this charming area with cobblestone streets and a lively atmosphere.
Best Bar Areas:
- Surry Hills: Trendy and hip, Surry Hills is packed with cozy bars, perfect for starting your evening with a few drinks and good company.
- Newtown: A bohemian paradise, Newtown offers quirky bars, live music venues, and a relaxed vibe that’s great for making new friends.
- Bondi Beach: Combine beach vibes with cocktails at the bars along Bondi Beach, where you can enjoy stunning sunsets and a laid-back atmosphere.
- Circular Quay: Sip your drinks with a view of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge at the bars in Circular Quay.
🔥 New to Hostels? Read our guide to staying in a Hostel for the First Time here. We especially recommend reading:
- How to book hostels? (and websites to save $)
- 63 Craziest Party Hostels in the World (with Map)
- How does the Hostelworld App work exactly? Our Advanced Guide
The Coolest Party Hostels in Sydney are …
Let’s jump right into the fun hostels in Sydney for partying:
These are our favorite hostels in Sydney to party. We put all these hostels on the map, including our own insider tips for bars, clubs, and popular night life areas in Sydney (and more!).
Overview: Best Hostels by Traveler Type
|🦸 Solo Traveler:
|👯 For Groups:
|Stoke Beach House
|🎒 for Backpacker:
|Mad Monkey Kings Cross
|🙎♀️ Female Solo Traveler:
|Stoke Beach House
|👫 For Socializing:
|Wake Up! Sydney Central
|👩❤️👨 Couple Hostel:
|The Village Broadway
|👩💻 For Digital Nomads:
|Stoke Beach House
1. Wake Up! Sydney Central
Strap yourselves in and get ready for the ultimate backpacking adventure at Wake Up! Sydney Central!
This place is not just another ordinary hostel; it’s a party paradise.
With their awesome atmosphere, live music, DJ sets, and bar games, you’ll never have a dull moment here.
Plus, they’ve got a bar/nightclub on-site where you can dance the night away (just make sure to remember to sleep at some point).
And don’t worry about cleanliness or hospitality – this Sydney hostel is amazing, proving that you can have a wild party without sacrificing comfort or living with cockroaches.
If you’re looking for an alternative option, we also really like their sister hostel, Wake Up! Bondi Beach in Sydney.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Onsite bar/nightclub (Side Bar) with live DJs and bands.
- Cafe and restaurant (Roy’s Cafe & Bistro).
- Variety of free activities and events.
- Shared kitchen
- Guest lounge area with nightly movies.
Location: Opposite Central Railway Station. In the heart of Sydney’s backpacking hub. Surrounded by nightlife precincts and travel shops.A 5-minute walk from Chinatown. Close to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Our favorite hostel in Sydney for
- Social butterflies
2. Lord Wolseley
Lord Wolseley is a hidden gem for budget travelers who want to party in Sydney without losing their wallets and savings.
This family-run pub and hostel offers a memorable stay like no other.
Picture freshly made beds, overlooking the beautiful local park and Darling Harbour.
What I really like about this place is its very social atmosphere.
With a garden to roam freely in, a bar to fuel your thirst, and scenic garden views, you’ll be immersed in a social experience that will leave you wanting more.
This one isn’t a wild crazy insane hostel, it’s a laid-back chill social one where you can make friends over a beer (or two or three).
Facilities & Amenities:
- Bar offering meals and great beers.
Location: A 10-minute walk to Sydney City Centre. Close to Australian National Maritime Museum (14-minute walk). Nearby attractions include The Star Event Centre, Sydney International Convention Centre, and Sydney Central Station.
This hostel is great for:
- Solo travelers
3. Mad Monkey Kings Cross
Mad Monkey Kings Cross offers the ultimate backpacker experience for those looking for a wild and unforgettable time.
Located right in the heart of Kings Cross, this hostel has got it all.
With its chilled-out vibes mixed with a party atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to meet and socialize with fellow adventurers while still having the ability to sleep.
Prepare yourself for epic nights, organized events six nights a week, and non-stop fun.
Here, you can enjoy the perks of free WiFi, free gym access, and large security lockers to keep your belongings safe (don’t forget your padlocks).
This is a hostel that’s perfect for extroverts who are always down for socializing and partying. It’s also pretty great overall because it makes it super easy to meet people and feel comfortable.
Facilities & Amenities:
- The entertainment team organizes nightly outings and deals at local pubs/clubs.
- Complimentary hot breakfast.
- Free access to a local gym.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free Meal Nights a few times a week.
- Free TV room with Netflix, cable, and 7-speaker surround sound.
Location: Located in the heart of Kings Cross. Bars, restaurants, and cafes nearby. Walking distance to the Opera House and Harbor Bridge. Short walk to Rushcutters Bay park for harbor views.
A top choice for:
4. Stoke Beach House
Looking to dive into an epic beach (and party) adventure?
Let us introduce you to the newly renovated Stoke Beach House.
Located just a short walk away from the world-famous Manly Beach (a lot of events are often hosted there), this awesome party hostel in Sydney offers so much more than a place to crash after a night of wild partying.
Here, you can embrace the extraordinary with a lot of amazing perks: Free breakfast, yoga classes, free equipment hire for beach activities, an in-house bar, a pool table, and even special weekly events and outings.
Socializing here is also super easy!
While the hostel doesn’t fall into the wild-crazy-parties side of things, it does organize its fair share of events and has an unbeatable atmosphere. You’ll also be located a short walk away from the nightlife if you opt to stay here.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Complimentary daily breakfast.
- Complimentary yoga classes
- Free equipment hire for 2 hrs (cruiser bikes, surfboards, snorkels, skateboards & beach games).
- In-house bar.
- Pool table in the courtyard.
- Commercial communal kitchen.
- Weekly special events & outings.
- Cinema room.
- Discounts at local venues.
- Surf & dive packages.
Location: Located 656 feet (200 meters) from Manly Beach. 5-minute walk from bustling Manly Wharf. Sydney CBD accessible via a 30-minute ferry ride from Manly Wharf.
One of the best hostels for:
- Female solo travelers
5. The Village Broadway
The Village Broadway is located just a short walk away from Central Station and surrounded by cafes and a lot of nightlife options, this accommodation is perfect for social butterflies.
Whether you’re in the mood for a wild night at the onsite bar or a relaxing evening on their sunny rooftop terrace, The Village Broadway has got you covered.
Plus, you can easily explore Sydney’s iconic landmarks like Circular Quay, the Sydney Opera House, and the Sydney Harbor Bridge, all just a short bus ride away.
With a range of private and shared dormitory rooms, free WiFi, and communal areas, including a shared kitchen and lounge room, this party hostel in Sydney takes care of all your needs.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Lively onsite bar.
- Communal areas include a shared kitchen, laundry, and a lounge room.
- Sunny rooftop terrace for relaxation.
Location: Situated in Sydney, an 11-minute walk from Central Station. Opposite the bustling Broadway Shopping Center 10-minute walk from Chinatown and a 20-minute walk from Darling Harbor. Easy access to Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House, and Sydney Harbor Bridge via bus. Vibrant surroundings with numerous cafes and busy nightlife options.
- Social butterflies
Fun Tips for Party Hostels in Sydney
As you have come to realize, staying at a party hostel is a little different than staying at a regular hostel. Here are some tips to make your stay go a little smoother, and how to be prepared:
How to identify a party Hostel? 4 Simple indicators:
- Is there an age limit? 18+ and an upper age-limit are indicators
- Do they offer Pub Crawls and Drinking Games in the hostel?
- Check for party pictures
- Filter the Reviews on Hostelz.com for keywords like "Party", "nightlife" or "social"
We have written many more guides helping you find these hostels to have an amazing time. We cover many more party cities like ...
- 5 BEST Party Hostels in Bangkok - Exp...
- 24 Best Party Hostels in Europe - Dis...
- 4 COOLEST Party Hostels in Porto - Po...
- 3 Coolest Party Hostels in Vienna - A...
Find all our party hostel guides.
Things to Bring & Pack
There are a few things backpackers should be sure to bring when staying at a party hostel specifically. These items include earplugs (for early mornings and loud roomates), a padlock (lock up your valuables BEFORE going out), headache medicine (always usefful!), and condoms.
Especially for the bigger European cities where pickpocketing is common we recommend wearing trousers with zippers. This limits the chances of stealing from your pockets.
One of the best things about a hostel is being able to meet new people from every corner of the world. Be sure to talk to people and mingle. Travelling solo is great and life-changing, yet enjoying it with new friends can be even better. Locals especially, can show you hidden secret and some of the best spots in the city.
Read: 18 Rules for Hostels and how to build life-time friendships in Hostels
What about the cheapest hostels in Sydney?
Of course, there are always cheap hostels. But how do you actually find them? When you are traveling on a shoe-string budget and you want to save every dollar, there are ways to find the cheapest places in Sydney.
- Open Hostelz.com with a full list of all hostels in Sydney
- add your dates
- Order the listings by price
Simple as that.
Hostelz.com is a price comparison site for hostels. They list every single one in the world and tells you exactly which website is cheaper to use.
Another smart Tip: Check what is actually included, and what is excluded. Take a closer look at the location, too. A further location might mean more costs in transport.
You can find all our hostel discounts worldwide here. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the freshest hostel discounts directly in your inbox. We even have special discount codes we only share in the newsletter.
It is completely free to join!
How to book?
The most popular booking platforms are Booking.com and Hostelworld.com. On both platforms, your credit card is 100% protected and the booking 100% confirmed.
We included some handy links to each of the recommended hostel. Just click on the hostel name. The link will lead you to check prices and availability.
Read: Step-by-Step guide on how to book with Hostelworld
We recommend booking your hostel as early as possible! All of Sydney best hostels are popular; especially in high-season. To make sure you end up in those stylish and good hostels, secure your room/bed as soon as you have your travel dates fix.
The coolest Hostel App you need comes as well from Hostelworld. It gives you super cool features like you can contact your hostel mates beforehand, ask questions, and make plans together. Find more details in our review of the app.
Need an eSIM Card for Sydney?
No more searching for mobile stores. Get your eSIM Card for now and enjoy it instantly after landing in your new destination.
Our Favorite Hostels in Sydney put on a map + sights
Let us have a look at the handmade map we have created for you.
As promised, below we list all party hostels and best hostels in Sydney, as well as sights and our own travel tips.
Personally, we love to plan our trips with a map. It’s just easier. We thought this map will help you with planning your trip too.
Any questions about hostels in Sydney? 🤔
Join our Facebook Group!
Ask all your questions and connect with like-minded wanderers 🔥
Our Insider Tips
As mentioned in the beginning, this guide is an extension of our article “best hostels in Sydney”.
Yet, we have written down more of our best tips for Sydney. Check out the following:
Nightlife Events and Activities:
- Harbor Party Cruises: Jump aboard a party cruise in Sydney Harbour for a night of dancing under the stars on the water.
- Beach Bonfires: Some beaches, like Manly, occasionally host bonfire nights where you can mingle, roast marshmallows, and enjoy the beachy ambiance.
- Outdoor Cinema Parties: During the summer, you can catch outdoor movie screenings combined with lively pre-show parties in various parks around the city.
- Themed Dance Parties: Keep an eye out for themed parties at clubs – from retro ’80s nights to tropical fiestas, Sydney has it all.
- The Argyle: This historic venue in The Rocks offers a fantastic happy hour, making it a great spot to kickstart your evening.
- Glenmore Hotel: Enjoy a happy hour drink on the rooftop with panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- The Winery: Located in Surry Hills, this chic bar offers an impressive selection of drinks during its lively happy hour.
- Scubar: Close to the university, Scubar is known for its budget-friendly drinks and vibrant happy hour atmosphere.
What to Drink in Sydney:
- Craft Beer: Sydney’s craft beer scene is booming – taste local brews at bars like The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel and Young Henrys.
- Classic Cocktails: Indulge in Sydney’s cocktail culture by trying some iconic creations like the Espresso Martini or the Sydney Sling.
- Australian Wine: Explore the rich wine regions of Australia by savoring local wines at wine bars scattered across the city.
- Fruity Ciders: For a refreshing twist, opt for Australian fruity ciders, perfect for cooling down after a day of exploring.
More questions left? No worries, we are here for you.
Alright, this is your answer to where to stay in Sydney for nightlife and party. We did the leg work for you and bring you more hostel guides to destinations:
Here are some more awesome guides in Australia:
- best hostels in Australia
- best hostels in Sydney
- best hostels in Brisbane
- best hostels in Cairns
- best hostels in Alice Springs
- best hostels in Byron Bay
- best Hostels in Adelaide
- best hostels in Perth
- best hostels in Airlie Beach
- best hostels in Darwin
- best hostels in Noosa
- best hostels in Bondi Beach
- best hostels in Surfers Paradise
- best hostels in Hobart
- backpacker hostels in Sydney
- backpacker hostels in Melbourne
- backpacker hostels in Brisbane
- backpacker hostels in Cairns
Heading over to Fiji? check out our guide to the best hostels in Fiji.
You can find all our new and updated articles for Best Hostels here.
Over to you
Do you have any questions left, maybe doubts? Then please leave it in the comment below. We are very keen to help you - and actually you would even do us a favor!
Your question will help us to improve this Sydney guide.
Last note: Our commitment
This is a genuine article to help you travel a bit smarter, and find the best place on a budget! We will never recommend you any place we haven’t evaluated or are not convinced by. We are constantly updating all our guides to keep them as fresh and accurate as possible.