Dobrodošli (that’s “welcome” in Serbian) to the city where the night has more life than the day, the rakija flows freely, and the party scene is legendary.
In this article, we’re your Serbian nightlife gurus, ready to unveil the best party hostels in Belgrade. Because when you’re in Belgrade, the party doesn’t stop; it just takes a quick rakija break.
This guide is an extension of our handwritten guide to the best hostels in the city.
🥳 The COOLEST Party Hostels? Your shortcut:
Money-saving tip: Compare hostel prices with Hostelz.com. You can even filter specifically for Party hostels on Hostelz.com.
This guide is perfect for YOU, when you want …
- to party!
- a social Hostel to actually meet people!
- a cool hostel with drinking games and such!
Quick Introduction to Belgrade
Average price for a bed: On average, the price of a party hostel in Belgrade is around €20 per night. Prices always depend on the season and holidays. Please always check the exact rates on Hostelz.com.
Check-In and Check-Out: The average check-in time is from 15:00 (3 pm), while the Check-Out time is before 11:00 (11 am). Hostels usually offer luggage storage in case you arrive earlier or leave later. Make sure you check if luggage storage is free or if there is an extra cost.
Where to Party in Belgrade:
- Skadarlija: Start your evening with a dose of Bohemian charm in Skadarlija. This historic street is lined with traditional Serbian restaurants and live music venues.
- Savamala: A trendy district by the river, Savamala is packed with hip bars and clubs. You can’t go wrong at Mikser House or KC Grad.
- Splavovi: These are Belgrade’s famous riverboat clubs that line the Sava and Danube rivers. Try the iconic splavovi like Freestyler, Lasta, and Shake ‘n’ Shake.
Best Bar Areas in Belgrade:
- Strahinjića Bana Street: Also known as “Silicon Valley,” this street boasts a mix of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Visit Mladost/Ludost/Skandala for a memorable night.
- Cetinjska Street: The trendy Cetinjska area is home to hidden bars and pubs. Don’t miss the authentic Rakia Bar.
- Kosančićev Venac: For a laid-back evening, explore the quaint and charming Kosančićev Venac with its cozy bars.
What to Drink in Belgrade:
- Rakia: You can’t visit Serbia without trying rakia, a strong fruit brandy. Be prepared for a shot that packs a punch.
- Cocktails: Belgrade’s bartenders are known for their creative cocktails. Ask for a “Belgrade Gin Fizz” or “Serbian Mule.”
- Local Beer: Serbian beers like Lav, Jelen, and Nikšićko are widely available and perfect for a night out.
🔥 New to Hostels? Read our guide to staying in a Hostel for the First Time here. We especially recommend reading:
- How to book hostels? (and websites to save $)
- 63 Craziest Party Hostels in the World (with Map)
- How does the Hostelworld App work exactly? Our Advanced Guide
The Coolest Party Hostels in Belgrade are …
Let’s jump right into the fun hostels in Belgrade for partying:
These are our favorite hostels in Belgrade to party. We put all these hostels on the map, including our own insider tips for bars, clubs, and popular night life areas in Belgrade (and more!).
Overview: Best Hostels by Traveler Type
|🎒 for Backpacker:||HostelChe Hostel|
|👫 For Socializing:||Green House Hostel|
|🦸 Solo Traveler:||Good People Design Hostel|
|👯For Groups:||Green House Hostel|
1. HostelChe Hostel
HostelChe Hostel is a backpacker’s paradise for both chill-seekers and party animals.
If you’re exhausted from exploring, drinking, partying, or all of the above, you can unwind in this hostel’s common area, listening to the sweet serenade of violins coming in from the city’s oldest restaurant right next door.
But if it’s a wild night you crave, you’re in luck – this hostel is just a short walk away from Belgrade’s main attractions and nightlife areas.
Although this is not a “party hostel,” it offers a very social atmosphere with opportunities for partying nearby. Whether you choose violin or DJ bass, this place has you covered.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Free coffee, and tea all-day
- Fully equipped kitchen available
- Friendly staff who join guests for partying
Location: Fantastic location near the center, bars, restaurants, museums, and activities
Our favorite party hostel in Belgrade for
2. Green House Hostel
Green House Hostel, located along Belgrade’s riverside, is every party animal’s dream pad!
Its prime location, a mere two bus stops from the city center and walking distance to the legendary Splavi party zone sets the perfect stage for an unforgettable time.
Travelers rave about their friendly staff and fantastic riverside terrace where they can munch on a modest yet satisfying breakfast or sip on a cold beer – or two.
Facilities & Amenities:
- On-site bar
- Close to party locations along the river
- Activities like cycling and fishing are available
Location: Fantastic location, two bus stops from the city center. Near the party mecca of Belgrade along the river (Splavi).
This Belgrade party hostel is great for:
- Social butterflies
Check prices at:
3. Good People Design Hostel
Welcome to the ultimate Belgrade party paradise, Good People Design Hostel!
Unleash your inner party animal in their Dorcol district location, just a short walk away from eclectic bars, and clubs, and a mind-blowing 10-minute walk to Kalemegdan fortress.
Experience true Belgrade convenience with their capsule beds and quirky private rooms.
Worried about your morning hangover cure? Fear not – their luscious garden, sweet BBQ setup, and wicked-fast Wi-Fi have got you covered – just make sure not to throw up on any of them.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Shared lounge area
- Lush garden with a furnished terrace
- Continental and à la carte breakfast options
- Free tea, coffee, and cookies
- Entertainment activities available
Location: Located in the heart of the old city center. 10 minutes walking distance from Kalemegdan fortress and Knez Mihajlova pedestrian street. Close to bars, restaurants, vintage stores, and designer markets.
A top Belgrade hostel for:
- Solo travelers
Fun Tips for Party Hostels in Belgrade
As you have come to realize, staying at a party hostel is a little different than staying at a regular hostel. Here are some tips to make your stay go a little smoother, and how to be prepared:
How to identify a party Hostel? 4 Simple indicators:
- Is there an age limit? 18+ and an upper age-limit are indicators
- Do they offer Pub Crawls and Drinking Games in the hostel?
- Check for party pictures
- Filter the Reviews on Hostelz.com for keywords like "Party", "nightlife" or "social"
We have written many more guides helping you find these hostels to have an amazing time. We cover many more party cities like ...
- 7 Coolest Party Hostels in Melbourne ...
- 3 Coolest Party Hostels In Venice - B...
- 6 Coolest Party Hostels in Ho Chi Min...
- 6 Coolest Party Hostels in Lima - Cus...
Find all our party hostel guides.
Things to Bring & Pack
There are a few things backpackers should be sure to bring when staying at a party hostel specifically. These items include earplugs (for early mornings and loud roomates), a padlock (lock up your valuables BEFORE going out), headache medicine (always usefful!), and condoms.
Especially for the bigger European cities where pickpocketing is common we recommend wearing trousers with zippers. This limits the chances of stealing from your pockets.
One of the best things about a hostel is being able to meet new people from every corner of the world. Be sure to talk to people and mingle. Travelling solo is great and life-changing, yet enjoying it with new friends can be even better. Locals especially, can show you hidden secret and some of the best spots in the city.
Read: 18 Rules for Hostels and how to build life-time friendships in Hostels
What about the cheapest hostels in Belgrade?
Of course, there are always cheap hostels. But how do you actually find them? When you are traveling on a shoe-string budget and you want to save every dollar, there are ways to find the cheapest places in Belgrade.
- Open Hostelz.com with a full list of all hostels in Belgrade
- add your dates
- Order the listings by price
Simple as that.
Hostelz.com is a price comparison site for hostels. They list every single one in the world and tells you exactly which website is cheaper to use.
Another smart Tip: Check what is actually included, and what is excluded. Take a closer look at the location, too. A further location might mean more costs in transport.
You can find all our hostel discounts worldwide here. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the freshest hostel discounts directly in your inbox. We even have special discount codes we only share in the newsletter.
It is completely free to join!
How to book?
The most popular booking platforms are Booking.com and Hostelworld.com. On both platforms, your credit card is 100% protected and the booking 100% confirmed.
We included some handy links to each of the recommended hostel. Just click on the hostel name. The link will lead you to check prices and availability.
Read: Step-by-Step guide on how to book with Hostelworld
We recommend booking your hostel as early as possible! All of Belgrade best hostels are popular; especially in high-season. To make sure you end up in those stylish and good hostels, secure your room/bed as soon as you have your travel dates fix.
The coolest Hostel App you need comes as well from Hostelworld. It gives you super cool features like you can contact your hostel mates beforehand, ask questions, and make plans together. Find more details in our review of the app.
Need an eSIM Card for Belgrade?
No more searching for mobile stores. Get your eSIM Card for now and enjoy it instantly after landing in your new destination.
Our Favorite Hostels in Belgrade put on a map + sights
Let us take a look at the handmade map we have created for you. As promised, below we list all party hostels and best hostels in Belgrade, as well as sights and our own travel tips.
Personally, we love to plan our trips with a map. It’s just easier. We thought this map would help you with planning your trip too.
Any questions about hostels in Belgrade?🤔
Join our Facebook Group!
Ask all your questions and connect with like-minded wanderers 🔥
Our Insider Tips
As mentioned in the beginning, this guide is an extension of our article “Best hostels in Belgrade”.
Yet, we have written down more of our best tips for Belgrade. Check out the following:
Nightlife Events and Activities:
- Bitef Theatre: Check out this renowned theater for contemporary performances and cultural events.
- Belgrade Boat Tours: While not a party per se, a boat tour on the rivers is a unique way to experience the city’s nightlife from the water.
- Saint Sava Temple: Visit this iconic Orthodox church, and if you time it right, you might catch a local concert or event.
Happy Hour Heaven:
- Strahinjića Bana Street: Many venues here offer happy hour deals, making it the perfect place to start your night.
- Savamala: The hip bars in Savamala often have early evening specials, so you can enjoy a drink before hitting the clubs.
- Beton Hala: This riverside area features bars with happy hour offers and stunning views of the Sava River.
More questions left? No worries, we are here for you.
What are the best sites for finding hostels?
Of course, the best site to find hostels is Hostelgeeks.com 😉
We are doing our best to deliver the best hostels to you. Check out the best hostels in the world guides; from Paris to Tokyo.
You can also have a look at Hostelworld.
What are the best party hostels in Belgrade?
Alright, this is your answer to where to stay in Belgrade for nightlife and party. We did the leg work for you and bring you more hostel guides to destinations:
We did the leg work for you and bring you more hostel guides to destinations:
- best hostels in Belgrade
- best hostels in Zagreb, Croatia
- best hostels in Bucharest
- best hostels in Budapest, Hungary
- best hostels in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- best hostels in Sofia, Bulgaria
- best hostels in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- best hostels in Macedonia
You can find all our new and updated articles for Best Hostels here.
Over to you
Do you have any questions left, maybe doubts? Then please leave it in the comment below. We are very keen to help you - and actually you would even do us a favor!
Your question will help us to improve this Belgrade guide.
Last note: Our commitment
This is a genuine article to help you travel a bit smarter, and find the best place on a budget! We will never recommend you any place we haven’t evaluated or are not convinced by. We are constantly updating all our guides to keep them as fresh and accurate as possible.
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Airalo.com - eSim Cards for traveling worldwide
- Onward Ticket - get proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.