We LOVE Madrid for its flair, culture, and nightlife! Madrid offers many culinary highlights, sights to visit, and bars to have your café con leche in the morning and your cold cerveza in the evening.
The royal city in the center of the Iberian peninsula is one of the main highlights when traveling through Spain. We wrote this guide by first reading about this article on fun things to do in Madrid.
Update: Find our guides to the 3 best hostels in Madrid or check out the Best Party Hostels in Madrid!
And when around, it is common to hop over to Barcelona as well.
In cooperation with Madrid-Expert Lavi from Laviwashere.com we put together our 5 Secret Tips for Madrid we love to share with you.
It highlights for you the real authentic bars, cafés, and restaurants we fancy. The guide is 100% non-touristic and unique – for free to download!
7 Secret Tips for Madrid for free
Enjoy the guide, enjoy Madrid! No strings attached! Anna&Matt
The guide to Madrid covers:
- Hipster! This Café is the most trendy & easy-going café in Madrid
- a traditional Spanish bar with a youthful crowd
- go hiking and discover a beautiful view
- amazing Galician food for a locals price
- rent a bike, but where to go? We have the best bike-tour recommendation for you!
- From this spot you will have a beautiful panoramic view over Madrid
- A big piece of art hidden between the trees! Sounds interesting, right?!
Make sure you dive into the must-dos in Madrid as well.
No 5 Star Hostels in Madrid – no problem!
Do you need a great Hostel in Madrid? Currently, there is no 5 Star Hostel in Madrid, but of course we would be thrilled to help you!
Just check out our huge guide to the best and coolest hostels in Madrid.
Which hostels do we include?
On the article best hostels in Madrid we compare the three best hostels in town by location, facilities and vibes.
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
- Hostelz.com - hostel price comparison
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
We are currently using Safetywing and Hey Mondo. We wrote detailed guides about these insurances:
- Our review of Safetywing, compared to others
- a detailed review of HeyMondo Travel Insurance
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Onward Ticket - get a proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.