So you are heading to Barcelona? There are so many awesome and fun things to do in Barcelona. We created this secret guide to give you access to the best activities we've enjoyed here.
On top of that, here are the 3 top things to do in Barcelona.
For some of these activities you HAVE to get your ticket in advance. Don't miss this!
Update April, 2018: How to find flight deals to Barcelona?
Still looking for cheap flights to Barcelona? We LOVE Kiwi.com.
You can search here with a so-called "radius search". It is incredible easy to find sweet flight deals to Barcelona and area.
Read our full review of Kiwi.com here
Anyway, back to our secret tips for Barcelona.
Enough “touristy tips”, here are the 8 local secrets to Barcelona, our home!
This is your guide to the best kept secrets in Barcelona!
We live, breath, love this city!
This Mediterranean pearl offers everything from beach, stunning architecture, delicious food, mountains … the list is endless. Especially in such a touristic hot spot, you need to know the real places to experience Barcelona. We are thrilled to share with you and your travel buddies our 8 best local tips for Barcelona!
Update: We now included a full introduction to the city, including safety tips and where to stay in Barcelona.
More information for Barcelona:
We do not hold back and included all our greatest recommendations – starting from a delicious paella, our favorite Tapas places, design cafés and more!
Did we mention we are from Barcelona? So yes, we know our city inside out!
Download the 5 Local Tips for Barcelona for free:
You can download the travel guide to Barcelona in around 1,5 seconds to your inbox.
Simply type in your name and email, and we will send you the guide right away! Enjoy Barna (Yes, this city is called Barna, not Barca!)
The best kept secrets in Barcelona:
- The best paella in Barcelona – you need to know where to find a good one!
- We show you where to find at least 37 Tapas Restaurants – on budget and super tasty
- A Hipster Café in the heart of Barcelona for lunch, brunch, and caffeine!
- What’s the best beach in Barcelona? Don’t fall for Barceloneta!
- a beautiful and magical park for locals – still a well-hidden gem in Barcelona and one our favorite places!
- How about a panoramic view? Follow our footsteps…
- Another top place we recently discovered for brunch & lunch!
- Barna is loaded with The world’s best website for events in Barcelona
We also included:
- Where to stay in Barcelona
- how to prepare your trip properly
There is as well a unique guide with secret tips Madrid!
When heading as well to Madrid, make sure you check out these Madrid secret tips. Enjoy the local tapas bars and more hidden gems in the Spanish capital.
Sights you have to book before
There are a few sights you NEED to book your tickets to before you actually go.
This is a must do! In order to enter the main area of Park Güell, you have to buy a ticket with a specific time to enter. Do not come here without a ticket. There is no queue to line up. If you can buy a ticket, it’s most likely for the entrance in a few hours.
Therefore, get your tickets to park Güell beforehand here.
For the majestic Sagrada Familia you can just come and queue up. BUT: There is always a line, usually about 2 hours. In the summer and hot days, this is torture :(
Get the skip the line tickets online.
Just pick a time and go for it. You can skip the line, enter and enjoy instantly!
The online ticket costs around 50 cents (half a dollar) more than at the official entrance….but two hours waiting in the sun for 50 cents? No thank you….
Summary tickets to buy:
That is basically it. Those are two MOST IMPORTANT tickets you have to buy beforehand! Don’t say we didn’t tell you this….
Find all activities and tours with Get Your Guide. This is the website we trust always to buy our tours.
5 Star Hostel in Barcelona
Looking for the greatest and coolest hostels in Barcelona?
Check out the 3 best hostels in Barcelona.
We share the location, the vibes and what types of travelers stay here.
- Rodamón Hostel. with awesome location and great design – perfect for female solo travelers and couples
- Casa Gracia – great location with cool bars around, neat design, recommended for solo-travelers and couples.
- YEAH Barcelona – more budget, more of the young solo traveler with great location and fun vibes for a night out.
Here you have 15 € discount for booking.com, valid for any of your bookings (worldwide).
Any questions? Please drop us a comment.
– – –
pin it for later
This post is also available in: ger
Hostel Packing List
Now that you found this amazing hostel, make sure you pack the right away and the right things.
Here is our ultimate hostel packing list. It features 23 smart items you need to pack.
The main things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Lowe Alpine Lightflite 40 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries
- The hostel address – written down
More FUN Things to do in Barcelona
Enjoy our guide to Barcelona, you will love it! If you got more questions, please send us an email.
And remember: For the main sights and activities you HAVE to get your ticket in advance. Don't miss out!