Enough “touristy tips”, here are the 8 local secrets to Barcelona, our home!
This is your guide to the best kept secrets in Barcelona! And we only share them right here.
We live, breath, love this city!
This Mediterranean pearl offers everything from beach, stunning architecture, delicious food, mountains … the list is endless. Especially in such a touristic hot spot, you need to know the real places to experience Barcelona. We are thrilled to share with you and your travel buddies our 8 best local tips for Barcelona!
Update: We now included a full introduction to the city, including safety tips and where to stay in Barcelona.
More information for Barcelona:
- 23 fun things to do in Barcelona like renting a vespa and pillow fights
- 77 COOL things to do
- 59 FREE Things to do
We do not hold back and included all our greatest recommendations – starting from a delicious paella, our favorite Tapas places, design cafés and more!
Did we mention we are from Barcelona? So yes, we know our city inside out!
Download the 8 Local Tips for Barcelona for free:
You can only download the travel guide to Barcelona in around 1,5 seconds to your inbox.
Simply type in your name and email, and we will send you the guide right away! Enjoy Barna (Yes, this city is called Barna, not Barca!)
Why to download?
We want to keep these secrets between our community. Once you step into our favorite winery, you will see why – and you’ll be happy you downloaded this guide.
The best kept secrets in Barcelona:
- The best paella in Barcelona – you need to know where to find a good one!
- We show you where to find at least 37 Tapas Restaurants – on budget and super tasty
- A Hipster Café in the heart of Barcelona for lunch, brunch, and caffeine!
- What’s the best beach in Barcelona? Don’t fall for Barceloneta!
- a beautiful and magical park for locals – still a well-hidden gem in Barcelona and one our favorite places!
- How about a panoramic view? Follow our footsteps…
- Another top place we recently discovered for brunch & lunch!
- Barna is loaded with The world’s best website for events in Barcelona
We also included:
- Where to stay in Barcelona
- how to prepare your trip properly
When heading as well to Madrid, make sure you check out these Madrid secret tips. Enjoy the local tapas bars and more hidden gems in the Spanish capital.
Find the 3 best hostels in Madrid here.
Sights you have to book before
There are a few sights you NEED to book your tickets to before you actually go.
This is a must do! In order to enter the main area of Park Güell, you have to buy a ticket with a specific time to enter.
Do not come here without a ticket. Entrance is limited and only with valid ticket. Tickets are usually sold out 7 days before – at least.
There is no queue to line up. If you can buy a ticket, it’s most likely for the entrance in a few hours – if you are lucky.
Therefore, get your tickets to park Güell beforehand here.
For the majestic Sagrada Familia you can just come and queue up. BUT: There is always a line, usually about 2 hours. In the summer and hot days, this is torture 🙁
Get the skip the line tickets online.
Just pick a time and go for it. You can skip the line, enter and enjoy instantly!
The online ticket costs around 50 cents (half a dollar) more than at the official entrance….but two hours waiting in the sun for 50 cents? No thank you….
Summary tickets to buy:
That is basically it. Those are two MOST IMPORTANT tickets you have to buy beforehand! Don’t say we didn’t tell you….
Find all activities and tours with Get Your Guide. This is the website we trust always to buy our tours.
5 Star Hostel in Barcelona
Looking for the greatest and coolest hostels in Barcelona?
Check out the 3 best hostels in Barcelona.
We share the location, the vibes and what types of travelers stay here.
- Rodamón Hostel. with awesome location and great design – perfect for female solo travelers and couples
- Casa Gracia – great location with cool bars around, neat design, recommended for solo-travelers and couples.
- YEAH Barcelona – more budget, more of the young solo traveler with great location and fun vibes for a night out.
Any questions? Please drop us a comment.
– – –
pin it for later
Hostel Packing List
It is time to see what you should pack in your backpack or suitcase. Make sure you always pick a quality hostel, it totally reduces the things you need to pack. Here is our ultimate hostel packing list. It features 23 items you should really throw in your backpack.The most important things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Nomatic (our review of Nomatic here) or Lowe Alpine Lightflite 45 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock (fitting all locker types)
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries