Malta is a small Island (actually 3 small islands), and a huge Paradise with super yummy (Italian-influenced) food, stunning beaches, fascinating history, and even an own Caribbean Island – we are not kidding here! We wished we would have known these little secret tips Malta when exploring the small island.
This is why we set up these 5 things to do in Malta for you, updated 2020.
We can’t wait to share with you our 5 best local things to experience in Malta to let you enjoy the little secrets – download now, thank us later! While there, we also checked out the best hostels in Malta. The result is this handmade guide; since we have checked all good and top-rated budget places here.
And hey, we will tell you what you need to book in advance otherwise you will for sure miss it, where to find a local beach, and where you should consider a camping in Malta – one of the bests camping spots in Europe!
Our travel guides are always non-touristic, handmade, and 100% useful!
The 5 things to do in Malta here for free:
The travel guide Malta features:
- a fantastic camping site you cannot miss – you even will have an amazing beach and island just for you and very few people!
- How to get around?! Our smartest recommendation for transport in Malta
- a local beach for a having a BBQ right at the beach with locals
- beautiful spot for swimming off the path
- and a delicious (and cheap) restaurant located directly at the sea
Geeky Tip: We show you what you need to book in advance – the one and only thing actually!
Also, check out these 7 must-see places in Malta.
The 3 Best Hostels in Malta
Wondering where to stay in Malta? Then check out our guide to the 3 best hostels in Malta.
Let’s jump right into the boutique hostels here in Malta, St. Julians, Gozo and Sliema.
Smart and Simple Packing List
It is time to see what you should pack in your backpack or suitcase. Make sure you always pick a quality accommodation, it totally reduces the things you need to pack. Here is our ultimate packing list. It features 23 items you should really throw in your backpack.The most important things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Nomatic (our review of Nomatic here) or Lowe Alpine Lightflite 45 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock (fitting all locker types)
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries