Malta is a small Island (actually 3 small islands), and a huge Paradise with super yummy (Italian-influenced) food, stunning beaches, fascinating history, and even an own Caribbean Island – we are not kidding here! We wished we would have known these little secret tips Malta when exploring the small island.
This is why we set up these 5 things to do in Malta for you, updated 2023.
We can’t wait to share with you our 5 best local things to experience in Malta to let you enjoy the little secrets – download now, thank us later! While there, we also checked out the best hostels in Malta. The result is this handmade guide; since we have checked all good and top-rated budget places here.
And hey, we will tell you what you need to book in advance otherwise you will for sure miss it, where to find a local beach, and where you should consider a camping in Malta – one of the bests camping spots in Europe!
Our travel guides are always non-touristic, handmade, and 100% useful!
The 5 things to do in Malta here for free:
The travel guide Malta features:
- a fantastic camping site you cannot miss – you even will have an amazing beach and island just for you and very few people!
- How to get around?! Our smartest recommendation for transport in Malta
- a local beach for a having a BBQ right at the beach with locals
- beautiful spot for swimming off the path
- and a delicious (and cheap) restaurant located directly at the sea
Geeky Tip: We show you what you need to book in advance – the one and only thing actually!
Also, check out these 7 must-see places in Malta.
The 3 Best Hostels in Malta
Wondering where to stay in Malta? Then check out our guide to the 3 best hostels in Malta.
Let’s jump right into the boutique hostels here in Malta, St. Julians, Gozo and Sliema.
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
- Hostelz.com - hostel price comparison
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
We are currently using Safetywing and Hey Mondo. We wrote detailed guides about these insurances:
- Our review of Safetywing, compared to others
- a detailed review of HeyMondo Travel Insurance
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Onward Ticket - get a proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.