Are you looking for some personalized Prague Travel Tips? Welcome to the Geeky Guide Prague – unique Prague tips written by friends for friends! Prague is a great travel destination for everyone looking for experiencing European culture, history, architecture, and yes, beer.
As you can imagine, Prague is quite popular for everybody traveling around central Europe, same as Berlin. It is also not a secret that Prague is a backpackers paradise.
Update: Brand new guide to 3 best hostels in Prague
The city is loaded with endless things to do, different tours, bohemian restaurants and bars – you name it. We visited Prague several times, and are keen to share with you our Prague Travel Tips.
Additionally, here you can find things NOT to do in Prague.
We created this guide with the help of a local friend, and our friends from Alternative Prague Tours. All the listed local tips for Prague are personally tested, and only included because they are highly recommended by us. Follow our foot steps around the city to a delicious restaurant with vegan cakes, a hipsters cafe and fun bar around the corner.
All these secret tips for Prague are outside the tourist box.
Download 7 Prague Travel Tips for free:
You can download the Geeky Guide Prague right here, and we will send you over the Secret Prague Tips instantly to your inbox.
You will love these Prague recommendations.
The Geeky Guide to Prague keeps following secrets:
- Tour: An alternative Tour outside the tourist box – the perfect start to your local Prague experience
- Food: We show you a unique place to get your hunger fixed – located in a hip neighborhood, not the city center
- Fun: Wanna have some fun with your travel buddies? We have a special recommendation for what to do in Prague!
- Get out of the city, and experience the adventurous part of Prague – we tested it and had a blast!
- Drinks: A Hipster Café and Fun Bar
Geeky Tip: Masterminds, Bitcoin Café, and changing the world – we show you a unique house full of smart people, and cool staff to explore.
Extra Geeky Tip: Do you fancy a “Peter Pan Bar”? We found this unique, crazy bar to have a drink with locals.
Update: Here is another activity for Prague outside the tourist box: The Escape Room Breakout Prague! We managed to save the Czech Republic, what about you?
Where to Stay in Prague?
Sorry folks, there is currently no 5 star hostel in Prague! Instead, you can enjoy our guide to 3 best hostels in Prague.
- The Roadhouse Prague – awesome for solo travellers
- Sir Toby’s – top pick for couples
- Hostel One Prague – best backpacker choice
It includes some fun party hostels, a handy map and plenty of insider knowledge to set you up for a memorable stay in this beautiful city.
Furthermore, we collected some smart hacks how to book hostels!
Smart and Simple Packing List
It is time to see what you should pack in your backpack or suitcase. Make sure you always pick a quality accommodation, it totally reduces the things you need to pack. Here is our ultimate packing list. It features 23 items you should really throw in your backpack.The most important things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Nomatic (our review of Nomatic here) or Lowe Alpine Lightflite 45 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock (fitting all locker types)
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries