Are you looking for some personalized Prague Travel Tips? Welcome to the Geeky Guide Prague – unique Prague tips written by friends for friends! Prague is a great travel destination for everyone looking for experiencing European culture, history, architecture, and yes, beer.
As you can imagine, Prague is quite popular for everybody traveling around Central Europe, same as Berlin. It is also not a secret that Prague is a backpackers’ paradise.
Update: Brand-new guides to 3 best hostels in Prague and COOLEST party hostels in Prague.
The city is loaded with endless things to do, different tours, Bohemian restaurants and bars – you name it. We visited Prague several times, and are keen to share with you our Prague Travel Tips.
Additionally, here you can find things NOT to do in Prague.
We created this guide with the help of a local friend, and our friends from Alternative Prague Tours. We tested all the listed local tips for Prague personally. We only included because they are highly recommended by us. Follow our footsteps around the city to a delicious restaurant with vegan cakes, a hipsters café and fun bar around the corner.
All these secret tips for Prague are outside the tourist box.
Download 7 Prague Travel Tips for free:
You can download the Geeky Guide Prague right here, and we will send you over the Secret Prague Tips instantly to your inbox.
You will love these Prague recommendations.
The Geeky Guide to Prague keeps the following secrets:
- Tour: An alternative Tour outside the tourist box – the perfect start to your local Prague experience
- Food: We show you a unique place to get your hunger fixed – located in a hip neighborhood, not the city center
- Fun: Want to have some fun with your travel buddies? We have a special recommendation for what to do in Prague!
- Get out of the city: experience the adventurous part of Prague – we tested it and had a blast!
- Drinks: A Hipster Café and Fun Bar
Geeky Tip: Masterminds, Bitcoin Café, and changing the world – we show you a unique house full of smart people, and cool staff to explore.
Extra Geeky Tip: Do you fancy a “Peter Pan Bar”? We found this unique, crazy bar to have a drink with locals.
Update: Here is another activity for Prague outside the tourist box: The Escape Room Breakout Prague! We managed to save the Czech Republic, what about you?
Where to Stay in Prague?
Sorry folks, there is currently no 5 star hostel in Prague! Instead, you can enjoy our guide to 3 best hostels in Prague.
- The Roadhouse Prague – awesome for solo travellers
- Sir Toby’s – top pick for couples
- Hostel One Home – the best backpacker choice
It includes some fun party hostels, a handy map and plenty of insider knowledge to set you up for a memorable stay in this beautiful city.
Furthermore, we collected some smart hacks how to book hostels!
Best Travel Websites we recommend ❤️
(Fresh Update 2023)
Booking Hostels and Discounts 👏👏👏
As a user of Hostelgeeks, you also have access to exclusive hostel discounts. For booking hostels, we use:
- Hostelz.com - hostel price comparison
We recommend installing the Hostelworld App. It is very useful!
How to find cheaper Flights ✈️
The first websites we always check are Skyscanner and Google Flights.
Find our step-by-step process in our review about Skyscanner.
Travel Insurance made easy 🤒
We are currently using Safetywing and Hey Mondo. We wrote detailed guides about these insurances:
- Our review of Safetywing, compared to others
- a detailed review of HeyMondo Travel Insurance
Smartest Travel Tools you need to know 🤓
- Onward Ticket - get a proof for onward travel
- iVisa - get your visa online fast
- Get Your Guide - for activities and sightseeing tickets
- Omio.com - for all types of transport
Find all our recommended travel tools and websites here.
Get your Smart Packing List (Free Printable)
Knowing what to pack and what not to pack is key. As an example, you need a one-fits-all padlock.
We put together the ultimate list of smart items to bring.