Hostelgeeks has been nominated for the Liebster-Award, an award given away by bloggers asking different types of travel-related questions to get blogs connected, and to get to know the people behind the blogs. Thanks to my Friend Elle for the nomination. This is a great chance to tell you more about me, Matt, plus I couldn’t resists and had to nominate some fellow-bloggers and friends. However, let’s get started with the answers to my Nominee Questions.
10 Liebster-Award Questions by Elle
1. What was the first place you ever traveled?
Matt: That would be Costa Brava, back with my parents when I was 10/11 years old. We stayed for 3 weeks, I fell in love with Catalonia from the very first moment, and told my parents one day I will live here.
2. I’m giving you a free plane ticket ANYWHERE in the world. Where would you choose to go?
Matt: New Zealand, please.
3. What’s the one thing you can’t travel without?
Matt: My stone-papered notebook.
Check my packing list here.
4. What’s the farthest you’ve ever traveled?
Matt: Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada. By the way, snowboarding in Vancouver is fun.
5. If you could watch any movie during a flight, what would it be?
Matt: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Indiana Jones are pretty great movies.
Check my 33 favorite wanderlust movies here.
6. What’s your worst travel memory?
Matt: For me those are the kind of memories you feel embarrassed about. It’s this feeling after getting robbed, or saying something really stupid in a different language. However, when this question comes up I actually like to tell the story of the worst coffee in my life I had in Ramallah, Palestine. It had caraway in it which is a great spice but not within a mix for coffee.
Check all our travel stories here.
7. What’s your funniest travel memory?
Matt: Once I worked with 3 other travelers for 1 week in a farmhouse used as a BnB in the middle of nowhere next to Tarifa, Andalusia, Spain. I worked there simply preparing breakfast for guests, cleaning the rooms. We had an amazing time together, a pure fun week without internet, and just amazing people. But if you would like to hear one specific moment, I like to tell this story of the 2 weirdos in Malaga buying a Paella pan and a harpoon.
8. Who’s your favorite person to travel with?
9. If you could travel anywhere in space and time, where would you go?
Matt: I would be curious about the time of the industrial revolution, this significant paradigm shift fascinates me.
10. If you could spend a year in one place, where would you live?
My Nominees are …
I am glad to nominate some fellow-bloggers and friends with some interesting and useful blogs. Every travel blog here is unique and highly recommended to check out. So, my nominees for the Liebster-Award are:
- Lavi from Lavi Was Here
- Kelly from Blueyedview
- Brendon from A Nerd Travels.com
- Jackie from The Hoppy Wanderer
- John from Beating The Humdrum.com
My 10 Questions for my nominees are:
- Obviously: What is the best hostel you have ever stayed at?
- How would you describe your blog/ website in a few sentences?
- What’s your top 3 food around the world?
- Where would you like to live once in your life?
- In your own words: What is traveling for you?
- What are your 3 secret recommendations for your hometown or your favorite city?
- Nature or City? Mountain or Beach? What do you choose?
- Do you have a funny/ weird/ even dangerous animal story from the road?
- In a few words: How does the perfect travel experience for you look like?
- What’s your next travel destination?
I am looking forward to read your answers.
The goal of Liebster is to give recognition to new blogs, help them get discovered, and introduce others to new blogs.