“Are you busy?“, she asked us, and 6 more pairs of eyes were looking at us.
We arrived in Hanoi, capital of Vietnam. We just slowed down from our first wander around the old town of iconic Hanoi. We got a first glance of the city, and tested the waters for buying a motorbike in Hanoi. After all, this is the plan: getting two motorbikes and drive them from the North to the South of Vietnam.
We just bought a soft drink, and sat down at the famous Hoàn Kiếm Lake, when these 7 young Vietnamese approached us.
“Are you busy?“, she asked. “Well…“, we replied only hesitantly, looking into the excited eyes of young men and women.
“We are students, and we want to talk with you. In English. We are looking for foreigners we can talk to.”
“oh, yes, sure“, we replied. They sat down next to us, and we started to chat about so many topics. Hanoi, food, our heritage, their heritage, their language school, motorbikes, and they even shared the legend of the Hoàn Kiếm Lake.
Have a look on all the outstanding hostels around Vietnam:
- CCasa Hostel in Nha Trang, an open-space concept hostel with shipping containers
- Memory Hostel in Da Nang with its roof-top terrace and view to a dragon
- The luxury space in Old Quater Hanoi, the NEXY Hostel
- Woodstock Beach Camp, the hidden gem near Ha Long Bay
- The Common Room Project, a love-child in bustling Ho Chi Minh City
Find all the best hostels in Asia here.