Welcome to our Halong Bay picture gallery. Hostelgeeks traveled to the Halong Bay in the gulf of Tonkin. Located in the northeast of Vietnam, this iconic landscape is known for its emerald waters and 1000s of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests, home of the Langur monkeys. Today only an estimate of 60 langur monkeys live in the wild, and only right here in Cat Ba, Ha Long Bay.
We chartered a boat with our friends from Woodstock Beach Camp Hostel and explored the scenery. Our journey on a private boat took us to unique kayaking spots, gave us an idea of the world’s famous floating village, and ended with a snorkeling and swimming excursion to a lonely beach.
Here is our Halong Bay Picture Gallery in 29 photos. As always, these photos remain under the creative common license.
Would you like to use our photos for your own media? We love to share. Please drop us an email with some information of usage, we’d be happy to give you access to the original high-quality photos.
Have a look on all the outstanding hostels around Vietnam:
- CCasa Hostel in Nha Trang, an open-space concept hostel with shipping containers
- Memory Hostel in Da Nang with its roof-top terrace and view to a dragon
- The luxury space in Old Quater Hanoi, the NEXY Hostel
- Woodstock Beach Camp, the hidden gem near Ha Long Bay
- The Common Room Project, a love-child in bustling Ho Chi Minh City
Find all the best hostels in Asia here.
The Ha Long Bay in Pictures
“At the end of the day your hair should be messy, your feet dirty, and your eyes sparkling.”
– one of the 109 travel quotes we love.
Royalty License for Media
Would you like to use our photos for your own media? Please drop us an email with some information of usage, we’d be happy to give you access to the original high-quality photos.
This post is also available in: ger