Our articles are based on real experiences, with no sponsorship from hostels 🙏Learn more.
Welcome to Dubai, where the desert sands meet skyscrapers that touch the clouds, and the only thing higher than the buildings is the local temperature.
Dubai, with its lavish lifestyle and year-round sunshine, is a playground for the rich and famous. But don’t worry, you can enjoy the city’s splendor on a backpacker’s budget.
Finding the right hostel in this land of extravagance can be challenging but we’ve managed to find the best backpacker hostels in Dubai that mimic the city’s style without its price point.
Here’s your shortcut to the 9 Coolest Backpacker Hostels in Dubai:
- Robin Hostel Dubai
- York Backpackers – Jumeirah Beach
- Route 66 Beach Hostel
- Hawana Hostel
- Beach Wave Hostel
- Homestar Deluxe
- Alphabet Beach Hostel
- Travel Hub Luxury Hostel
Money-saving tip: Hostelz.com is a hostel price comparison site. You can save money with every comparison!
Quick Introduction to Dubai
Average price for a bed: Hostels in Dubai cost around $30 per night for a bed in a dorm. A private room has an average of around $94 per night. This is a rough average, just to give you an idea.
Check-In and Check-Out: The average check-in time is from 15:00 (3 pm), while the Check-Out time is before 11:00 (11 am). Hostels usually offer luggage storage in case you arrive earlier or leave later. Make sure you check if luggage storage is free or if there is an extra cost.
🎁 New to Hostels? Read our guide to staying in a Hostel for the First Time here. We especially recommend reading:
- How to book hostels? (and websites to save $)
- 23 clever items: the hostel packing list to download
- How does the Hostelworld App work exactly? Our Advanced Guide
Overview: Best Hostels by Traveler Type
|🦸 Solo Traveler:
|Alphabet Beach Hostel
|🧘 Cozy Hostel:
|🙎♀️ Female Solo Traveler:
|👫 For Socializing:
|Route 66 Beach Hostel
|🌆 For Best Views:
Prestige, a one-of-a-kind backpacking hostel in Dubai, guarantees coziness and good vibes while you overlook the sea from various windows throughout the hostel.
Located near Jumeirah Beach, tram, and metro stations, this hostel is surrounded by stunning landmarks and other ones you can easily reach. Their beds offer ultimate privacy and comfort, complete with light, socket, safety, curtains, and storage.
Most of their beds are right next to large windows, providing pretty awesome views of Dubai.
2. Robin Hostel Dubai
Located in a peaceful neighborhood, Robin Hostel Dubai is a wallet-friendly backpacker hostel that serves as a relaxing and social place of rest for travelers.
Located steps away from the metro, it offers an easy way to access the airport, and explore the Palm and beyond. This awesome hostel is super hospitable and creates a home-away-from-home feeling.
Nearby, you’ll find old treasures like the Creek, Gold Souq, and a multitude of museums revealing Dubai’s charm.
3. York Backpackers - Jumeirah Beach
York Backpackers - Jumeirah Beach is the perfect beachfront hostel for backpackers who want to experience the best of Dubai’s nightlife.
Situated in Jumeirah Beach Residence, travelers can enjoy a stunning view of the Persian Gulf and Blue Waters, comfortable rooms, and a modern European design.
Inside the hostel, you’ll find a shared kitchen, terrace, outdoor swimming pool, and fitness center. They also have super friendly staff ready to help you out regardless of what issue you come across.
4. Route 66 Beach Hostel
Route 66 Beach Hostel in Dubai is the ultimate getaway for adult backpackers.
It has a nice atmosphere and excellent amenities.
It features plenty of exciting activities like billiards, darts, skiing (why not), and cycling to keep you entertained.
Plus, the shared kitchen, pool, fitness center, and nightly events make it even better.
The staff can answer any questions you may have, and the pocket-friendly prices make Route 66 Beach Hostel perfect for backpackers on a budget who still want to have a great time in Dubai.
5. Hawana Hostel
Hawana Hostel, located in the lively Dubai Marina district, offers travelers a truly spectacular view from its 62nd floor.
This phenomenal Dubai backpacker hostel is just a short walk from popular attractions such as The Walk at JBR and Barasti Beach Club, as well as the Marina Towers tram station.
With its shared kitchen and lounge featuring a flat TV screen and Netflix, Hawana Hostel ensures you’ll have everything you need for a comfortable stay. This backpacker hostel also includes kitchen appliances, daily cleaning, and free access to a gym and pool.
We think they offer a great price/quality ratio, as you’ll be able to cut down on a lot of costs if you stay here.
6. Beach wave
Located in Dubai’s upscale area, Beach Wave Hostel boasts fantastic facilities, cleanliness, comfort, and location.
With jaw-dropping 43rd-floor views and a super convenient feel, this is an obvious pick if you’re looking for a full Dubai experience in a hostel.
With fun activities like darts and billiards, easy access to shops and 24/7 restaurants, plus fantastic amenities like a swimming pool, gym, and spacious common areas—it’s no wonder people here find their stay super relaxing and enjoyable!
7. Homestar deluxe
Homestar Deluxe offers beachfront accommodation just a short stroll from Marina Beach.
Boasting amenities such as an outdoor pool and shared lounge, this hostel has been hailed as one of the best for backpackers in Dubai because of its spacious bathrooms, friendly staff, cool atmosphere, and affordable prices.
Despite its budget-friendly nature, Homestar Deluxe – as its name suggests- is full of interesting furnishings and top-notch cleanliness.
They also have a lounge perfect for socializing: not too big or too small, just perfectly sized to easily talk to strangers and socialize over breakfast.
8. Alphabet Beach Hostel JBR
Tucked away in Dubai’s JBR district, Alphabet Beach Hostel makes for an ideal destination for backpackers in search of affordable luxury.
Located just 600 meters from Hidden Beach, the hostel has an outdoor pool, gym, and lovely lounges.
The building is pretty big but staff (especially Mr. Amr) will be more than happy to help you navigate the maze.
With tram stations close by and stunning TV lounge views, this backpacker hostel is a great choice for solo travelers who want to make sure they won’t feel alone or stranded anywhere strange.
9. Travel Hub Luxurys Hostel
Travel Hub Luxury Hostel radiates charm with air-conditioned rooms, a shared lounge, and free WiFi.
Just a short walk away from beautiful beaches and awesome attractions, fun reigns supreme in this hostel. Travelers adore the comfy bedding, marvel at the spotless bathrooms, and cherish the cozy vibe – and we do too.
Fun Tips: Things to do in Dubai
Must-Try Drinks in Dubai:
- Chai Karak: Experience the local flavor with a cup of Chai Karak, a sweet and spiced tea. It’s a favorite among Dubai’s diverse population.
- Jallab: Stay refreshed with Jallab, a popular drink made from dates, grape molasses, and rosewater. It’s the perfect choice to beat the heat.
- Specialty Coffees: Dubai’s café scene is thriving. Try a specialty coffee with unique blends and flavors at one of the city’s trendy coffee shops.
Must-Try Dishes in Dubai:
- Shawarma: This Middle Eastern classic is a must-try in Dubai. Head to a local shawarma joint and savor the flavors of tender, spiced meat wrapped in warm flatbread.
- Al Harees: For a taste of traditional Emirati cuisine, try Al Harees. It’s a slow-cooked dish made with wheat and meat, often enjoyed during Ramadan and special occasions.
- Falafel and Hummus: Dubai offers some of the tastiest falafel and creamy hummus you’ll ever find. Enjoy it as a budget-friendly meal from street vendors or local eateries.
Budget Tips Specific to Dubai:
- Visit the Old Souks: While Dubai is known for its luxury shopping, don’t miss the traditional souks like the Gold Souk and Spice Souk. You can explore these markets without spending a dime and soak in the bustling atmosphere.
- Public Transport: Dubai’s public transportation system is efficient and cost-effective. Purchase a Nol Card for access to the metro, buses, and trams, making it easy to get around.
- Free Beaches: Enjoy the sun and sea at Dubai’s public beaches. Kite Beach and JBR Beach are great options, and you won’t have to pay for beach access.
More Insights for Backpackers in Dubai:
- Dubai Marina Walk: Take a leisurely stroll along the Dubai Marina Walk. It’s a picturesque area with cafes and restaurants, and the perfect place to enjoy a budget-friendly meal with a view.
- Free Wi-Fi: Dubai offers free Wi-Fi in public places like parks, beaches, and some public transportation, which is handy for budget-conscious travelers.
- Dubai Fountain Show: Don’t miss the captivating Dubai Fountain Show at the bar.
Things to Know About the Local Culture in Dubai:
- Respect the Dress Code: While Dubai is relatively liberal, it’s essential to dress modestly when visiting public places and religious sites. For women, this typically means covering shoulders and knees.
- Friday Brunch: In Dubai, Friday brunch is a popular tradition. Many hotels and restaurants offer extensive brunch spreads, but it’s advisable to book in advance as it can be pricey.
What about the cheapest hostels in Dubai?
Of course, there are always cheap hostels. But how do you actually find them? When you are traveling on a shoe-string budget and you want to save every dollar, there are ways to find the cheapest places in Dubai.
- Open Hostelz.com with a full list of all hostels in Dubai
- add your dates
- Order the listings by price
Simple as that.
Hostelz.com is a price comparison site for hostels. They list every single one in the world and tells you exactly which website is cheaper to use.
Another smart Tip: Check what is actually included, and what is excluded. Take a closer look at the location, too. A further location might mean more costs in transport.
You can find all our hostel discounts worldwide here. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the freshest hostel discounts directly in your inbox. We even have special discount codes we only share in the newsletter.
It is completely free to join!
How to book?
The most popular booking platforms are Booking.com and Hostelworld.com. On both platforms, your credit card is 100% protected and the booking 100% confirmed.
We included some handy links to each of the recommended hostel. Just click on the hostel name. The link will lead you to check prices and availability.
Read: Step-by-Step guide on how to book with Hostelworld
We recommend booking your hostel as early as possible! All of Dubai best hostels are popular; especially in high-season. To make sure you end up in those stylish and good hostels, secure your room/bed as soon as you have your travel dates fix.
The coolest Hostel App you need comes as well from Hostelworld. It gives you super cool features like you can contact your hostel mates beforehand, ask questions, and make plans together. Find more details in our review of the app.
Need an eSIM Card for Dubai?
No more searching for mobile stores. Get your eSIM Card for now and enjoy it instantly after landing in your new destination.
Our Favorite Hostels in Dubai put on a map + sights
We’re listing all the 9 best backpacker Dubai hostels on a map to give you an idea of the location and distances between them.
Any questions about hostels in Dubai?🤔
Join our Facebook Group!
Ask all your questions and connect with like-minded wanderers 🔥
Our Insider Tips
As mentioned in the beginning, this guide is an extension of our guide on the best hostels in Dubai. In it, we share the absolute best ones:
- Bohemian Backpackers – best for Female Solo Travelers
- Bombay Backpackers DXB – best for Solo Traveler
- Dubai Beach Hostel – best for Backpackers
Here we share with you the most asked question:
More handmade Guides for you
Alright, this is your answer to where to stay in Dubai for backpackers.
We did the leg work for you and bring you more hostel guides to destinations nearby:
- best hostels in Dubai
- best hostels in Yerevan, Armenia
- best hostels in Tbilisi, Georgia
- best hostels in Istanbul, Turkey
- best hostels in Tehran, Iran
- best hostels in Amman, Jordan
- Best hostels in Petra, Jordan
- best hostels in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Best Hostels in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
You can find all our new and updated articles for Best Hostels here.
Over to you
Do you have any questions left, maybe doubts? Then please leave it in the comment below. We are very keen to help you - and actually you would even do us a favor!
Your question will help us to improve this Dubai guide.
Last note: Our commitment
This is a genuine article to help you travel a bit smarter, and find the best place on a budget! We will never recommend you any place we haven’t evaluated or are not convinced by. We are constantly updating all our guides to keep them as fresh and accurate as possible.