So you are about to travel to Ghent, and looking for 5 Secret Tips in Ghent?
We are excited to share with you 5 hidden gems to get know this hipsters paradise off the beaten path! Ghent is one of the hippest places in Europe, becoming a more and more popular spot for travelers looking for a city-break away from Paris or London.
In cooperation with Backstay Hostel we created this travel guide to Gent. Here we share 5 local secrets. Get to know Ghent one coffee and local beer at a time! You can download the guide right here for free to use all recommendations offline.
Get 5 Secret Tips Ghent for free:
We share following secrets:
- the most vibrant coffee place for brunch & lunch
- Art-lover? We show you the most artsy part of Ghent
- A Kitsch-Shop to get lost: from vintage posters to postcards – a cute shop for most likely everything
- The hipster café in Ghent to get your daily caffeine fix (and to get work done if you are a digital nomad)
- the epicenter of nightlife in Ghent – see the city by night with these things to do in Ghent
Extra Tip: We updated this guide and included a fab vibrant place to get your hair done, get a coffee and enjoy live music! This place is super, super local!
Hostel Packing List
It is time to see what you should pack in your backpack or suitcase. Make sure you always pick a quality hostel, it totally reduces the things you need to pack. Here is our ultimate hostel packing list. It features 23 items you should really throw in your backpack.The most important things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Nomatic (our review of Nomatic here) or Lowe Alpine Lightflite 45 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock (fitting all locker types)
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries