Istanbul is one of the largest city of Europe and the world, and the bridge between Asia and Europe. There are many things to do at the Bosporus, culture to discover, and history to experience. For a city this size you surely need to know where to go to find the secret spots, enjoying the Turkish culture.
We at Hostelgeeks put together in cooperation with #Bunk Taksim a travel guide Istanbul, featuring 5 unique local recommendations for Istanbul.
Update: Read our brand new guide to the 3 best hostels in Istanbul.
Sounds awesome? Indeed! The Geeky Guide is completely for free and includes our secret tips to get to know Istanbul by heart off the beaten path!
Get the best 5 Local Things to Do in Istanbul for free!
This travel Guide Istanbul includes:
- The most delicious Bistro for a local price with magnificent views
- Super local! Our favorite authentic restaurant with Ottoman imperial kitchen
- Shopping & hopping like the locals do
- Coffee shop with free workshops – what to learn about coffee?
- A cozy Lounge to hang out with locals with fruity cocktails and cold drinks
Cool Hostels Istanbul
Fancy the most awesome hostels in Istanbul? We hear you! We take it from here then.
Check out our ultimate guide to the 3 best hostels in Istanbul.
This is an absolute insider guide, sharing the best places to stay for solo travellers, couples, and backpackers.
Hostel Packing List
It is time to see what you should pack in your backpack or suitcase. Make sure you always pick a quality hostel, it totally reduces the things you need to pack. Here is our ultimate hostel packing list. It features 23 items you should really throw in your backpack.The most important things to pack are:
- eye mask
- key chain flashlight
- the right backpack, the Nomatic (our review of Nomatic here) or Lowe Alpine Lightflite 45 Pack
- packing cubes
- generic padlock (fitting all locker types)
- quick-dry travel towel
- universal power adapter
- travel-sized toiletries